Patch 1.04c Beta WIA: troubles report

Post bug reports and other issues here.
JastaV

Patch 1.04c Beta WIA: troubles report

Post by JastaV »

Patch 1.04c Beta WIA
Playing USA Independence War Grandcampaign, "The white of the eyes" scenario.
Player side: British.

Notice: I had chance to play this scenario twice for USA side in the past.
Most recently I played the "Few Acres of Snow" scenario British side with WIA Christmas patch.

I noticed an overall AI improvement as regard all my past game sessions with WIA. Some AI "logic" problems are till present I’ll deal with that in detail later.
I share GShock's opinions reported at the thread:
tm.asp?m=2018148
We also included some suggestions for future improvements at quoted thread, that I please you to examine.

Now, patch 1.04c Beta problems.....
JastaV

Cosmetic and minor troubles.

Post by JastaV »

Cosmetic and minor troubles.
I'm 16 game turns way from finishing this long campaign.

Have a couple of missing event notification to report:
evt_nam_Winnebago_WinQuartes
evt_nam_Siux_WinQuartes

The picture evidences a duplicate in leader portraits:
Is it a Robert Land's second self, or may be Robert Land had a twin?[;)]
But joking, very few, minor historical and textual problems to report: so this huge scenario is closed to be perfect![:)]

BRAVI!

JastaV

Philadelphia affair

Post by JastaV »

Philadelphia affair.

Starting from late 1776, so a quite early turn in this very long campaign, I begun launching massive attacks to occupy Philadelphia, the Rebels' Capital.
The first screenshot I reported evidence my, (British side) trouble:
My assault to the town was successful: British Victory!
None the less, British forces do not re-new the assault, occupy the town or keep the siege: they unpredictably retire in nearby Princeton region.
Turn after turn and season after season I launched many attacks to Philadelphia always with this negative result: my victorious armies retreat and Philadelphia is always rebel controlled.

This second example is very disappointing, in so far my victorious army retreated to Princeton region and was caught by harsh winter weather at the begin of next turn, (the one following combat resolution) with all drawbacks you can figure out…… My army suffered casualties having to move in New Your for taking cover!

Now, what's the reason?
Is there a magic shield to protect the rebels' capital?
[:@]
Hope you could find a good explanation, because the thing sounds quite odd, and is wasting my efforts to claim victory and my enjoyment too.

Notice: no such a trouble with any other town or fortress in the game!
In present as in other scenarios played with older patch versions.

May be some rule I ignore?

Have other issues to report later……
Stay tuned!
dunnsa

RE: Philadelphia affair

Post by dunnsa »

Please zip and send saved game with at least two previous turns to support@ageod.com

Incluse a brief reference to your post in your email
AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: lodilefty

Please zip and send saved game with at least two previous turns to support@ageod.com

Incluse a brief reference to your post in your email

You know I know the routine lodilefty!
Have to point out, last two times I sent saved turns to support@ageod.com I did not get any reply.......
It was a time when AGEod was very apreciated, at least for courtesy!
..... I'll give it a last chance!
Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

ORIGINAL: JastaV
Have to point out, last two times I sent saved turns to support@ageod.com I did not get any reply.......

Hmmm, Gamespot..... jastaV/TheBlackViper = double bad review from same poster (you), when one bad review was quite sufficient and tolerable... expecting courtesy... quite ironic. Did you really think nobody would notice or care? AGEod extended all the courtesy it could to you and gave you many more chances than anyone else could reasonably expect.
You've GOT to hold them back!
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

Still waiting for a file.
AGEOD Volunteer
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

Still waiting for a file.

And you'll have to wait some more time!
I discovered just 24 game turns are saved in my WIA installation.
I already pointed out I was very close to scenario end, while troubles I reported were relative to game turns 16-21.
Notice I'm not a WIA beta-tester team member....... so I'm not compelled to save game turns any time I meet a trouble!

Anyway I'm ready to begin a new scenario and try to replicate the problem game saving turns of interest this time.

I ask you a favour: I noticed Patch 1.04c is gone official.
Is there any last minute change going from beta to official version?
Do you recommend I download and install the official patch?

Thanks in advance for replying.
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

Very minor changes in official patch, but you should ALWAYS install official patch to be sure.
AGEOD Volunteer
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

Very minor changes in official patch, but you should ALWAYS install official patch to be sure.

It's okay Thank!

I'll take time to post last remarks from played scenario: I just completed it in the afternoon.
Then I'll go after the Philadelphia bug hunting!
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman
ORIGINAL: JastaV

Hmmm, Gamespot..... jastaV/TheBlackViper = double bad review from same poster (you), when one bad review was quite sufficient and tolerable... expecting courtesy... quite ironic. Did you really think nobody would notice or care? AGEod extended all the courtesy it could to you and gave you many more chances than anyone else could reasonably expect.

The only things I got from AGEod were AACW, BOA, NCP, WIA, WW1 in so far I bought them with my money
Yes, indeed I got also a mess of troubles, CTDs, bugs, inability to complete scenarios: all that was for free!
JastaV

Winter operations

Post by JastaV »

Winter operations

I noticed an overall AI improvements especially in the use of small AI parties, (regular and irregular-Indian troops) to raid player rear areas and to storm and conquer un-garrisoned or weakly garrisoned structures.
That's good.[:)]
In the winter season AI activity is reduced: forces caught in the open field move to structures seeking for shelter.

The force besieging Fort Stanwix moved to closer available structure to prevent winter attrition losses at the end of this turn.
It's okay!

Unfortunately AI evidences weaknesses when managing larger forces:
The large rebel force, (Orangeburg) spent many winter turns in the open field, running the map. The picture is relative to a march turn: we are at the end of winter season and the AI forces is strongly depleted as a result of heavy winter attrition losses.
Guess this point, the management of larger AI forces is to be reworked and improved or we'll have an AI saving cents but wasting dollars!

BTW, it seems like large AI forces prefer to keep sieges running in winter turns, (may be because of a favourable balance of forces ratio) with the result of being destroyed by attrition casualties: noticed it more than one time.

Have other issues to report later……
Stay tuned!
Blueprint

RE: Winter operations

Post by Blueprint »

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6059652 ... oduct.html

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5282600 ... oduct.html

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6059656 ... oduct.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/bir ... continue;2

Don' t feed the troll, even when this troll worked some hundred hours to produce a mod for AGEOD Napoleon Campaigns.... By the way, do you know JastaV has deleted the mod file some weeks ago? Troll's courtesy for players indeed.

The troll, after so righful reviews handmade for such a disastrous game like WIA, should play others... Or is it baffled by the lack of better other games? Or is the troll just a fool with an overinflated ego ?

Stay tuned. The troll being always right, the troll will have a definitive reply.
GShock

Post by GShock »

FYI: JastaV has BOUGHT the game and has the right to write whatever he wants about it, wherever he wants just like all other users. You may slander him, and me of course, find "second reasons" to bug reports but the truth is that bugs are there and JastaV is just pointing them out.

Yet another puny attempt to flame the reporter so that common users don't see the bugs?

Well well...i suggest you to answer with the same tones to the hundreds of users reporting bugs daily on the ageod boards; At least you can use your real nick there. [:)]

How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

for your information, my nick here was taken in 2005, before AGEOD creation. At last, I don't came here because of some problems on Ageod forum. Now your consideration about right of a owner have to be related certainly to the question of intellectual property of the designer, no? You could indeed say much more on this interesting comparizon, if I remember well...[:D]

For Jastav, I really believe life deserves you what you give. That's why I reserve for him this tone. Only for him but he's really unique.Fortunatly.

Now maybe after writing so much he's forced to agree to this:

http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17047

Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

I took my nick in 2003. Yet more ancient than I believed.
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: GShock

FYI: JastaV has BOUGHT the game and has the right to write whatever he wants about it, wherever he wants just like all other users. You may slander him, and me of course, find "second reasons" to bug reports but the truth is that bugs are there and JastaV is just pointing them out.

Yet another puny attempt to flame the reporter so that common users don't see the bugs?

Well well...i suggest you to answer with the same tones to the hundreds of users reporting bugs daily on the ageod boards; At least you can use your real nick there. [:)]

I BOUGHTS WIA, NCP, AACW, WW1, BoA out of my money!
I should have the right to play them!
The bugs I'm reporting are best proof Ageod trolling politic of publishing unfinished and unplayable games deny me such a right.

I'm dedicating my efforts to report troubles with hope seeing problems fixed.
That's for free: I'm not an Ageod payed beta-tester.
Lodilefty is cooperative and that's good!
Are my bug reports and suggestions a problem?
I'll be happy to give up with that: I have many best way to spend my time.

As regard my user-reviews......
Someone missed to quote my AACW reviews at Play and Gamespot sites!
Is that because they are very positive?
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3432551 ... oduct.html

I'll be pleased to update all my reviews, possibly alligning them to AACW standard!
Before that time Ageod has to improve its products to an adequate standard!

Notice, I reviewed other games for that they are worth........IN MY OPINION!
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/4983241 ... oduct.html
WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger was a very disapointing game: he was reviewed for that it's worth too!

Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

I got it: a handful of gfx glitches and AI blunders make this game unplayable.... I didn't realized AGEOD games are the only games to have such troubles. I believed AI to be better in AGED than in many other wargames...

Unplayable? Troll's statement, JastaV.Always the same tone too, disrespecteful for others, even Lodilefty, read again this thread, exiging a reply because you bought the game. Oh yes you bought it at Play. com, the site which will never give one buck to AGEOD because it isn't officially AGEOD's reseller. But after all, what are others for you? Nothing. You did a mod and suddenly because tyou disagreed with AGEOD you simply removed your mod. Wonderful. Gracious.

So your bug chasing. At least, be able to report bug convenientlY. As far I know, on AGEOD forum, many are sending files for bugs without any difficulty, and without any insults for the company, even when angry.

JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: Blueprint

For Jastav, I really believe life deserves you what you give. That's why I reserve for him this tone. Only for him but he's really unique.Fortunatly.

Don' t feed the troll, even when this troll worked some hundred hours to produce a mod for AGEOD Napoleon Campaigns.... By the way, do you know JastaV has deleted the mod file some weeks ago? Troll's courtesy for players indeed.

The troll, after so righful reviews handmade for such a disastrous game like WIA, should play others... Or is it baffled by the lack of better other games? Or is the troll just a fool with an overinflated ego ?

Stay tuned. The troll being always right, the troll will have a definitive reply.

Sir Blueprint,
You are not in a position to teach me!
Whatever the time I spend after NCP modding and improvements, that all I achived and offered to the community came for free!
You cannot compare 3rd party, freeware, amateur achivements with professional products you pay for!
Then, remember that Pocus, PhilThib and other encouraged my efforts and posted words of apreciation for my results in more than one chance.

It's then true download links have been broken!
You should know the reason having dedicated so many time to difamate, denigrate and offend my person, my efforts, my works.
Indeed, offending is the only thing I remember you can carry on!
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

It's then true download links have been broken!

By you...Your choice.

But indeed you don't mod for others. You mod to be lauded.You mod to have AGEOD adopt without any hesitation your munificent ideas like the Aces enhancement you proposed for WW1. But if AGEOD dares to say no to your ptoposal, you're immaediatly acting rationally : you rationally write on AGEOD forum you leave definitly the board, you're rationnally publishing in a few days several harsh crtitics of AGEOD games on different sites, you're rationally removing your mod and you're rationally announcing you will point out all the bugs AGEOD games are affected to the point to be unplayable, because , and that's really rational , you suddenly discovered how much unplayable was the game engine you modded during several hundred hours in the last months.

That's rational. Not human. But rational. a sort of troll's rationality

Return to “Tech Support”