1.04 Xmas: some troubles

Post bug reports and other issues here.
JastaV

1.04 Xmas: some troubles

Post by JastaV »

Hi,

playing "Few Acres of Snow" scenario I had chance to point out some minor troubles and bugs with WIA 1.04 Xmas patch.
I'm not used to check WIA support furum pages daily: I took last available patch and I went playing.....
So it possible troubles I'll report have been already notified.

1. Missing event notifications:

Also evt_nam_Indians_GBR and evt_nam_WarSpain_GBR notifications were missing.

2. Replacement troubles

I experienced troubles with indians-natives allied units recovering losses by replacements. Most of then do not recover at all.
That although I had a mess of dedicated replacements available in my roster.

3. Game crash:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172 ... _crash.jpg

I experienced this error notification during turn resolution phase, followed by a crash to desktop when pushing OK button.
It was in one of last game turn before scenario conclusion. When I resume game from last saved turn, I could process game turn positively.

JastaV

Primasprit

RE: 1.04 Xmas: some troubles

Post by Primasprit »

Hi!

The missing event notifications will be fixed, thanks.

About the replacements for natives: Please keep in mind that for the natives the same replacement rules exist as for all other units too. So using the historical attrition rule you still need a depot to get replacements for lost elements.

About the last one: Haven't seen this one before but it seems to be a driver (graphic card) problem. If this problem occurs regularly for you you might try to update your drivers and/or post a DxDiag report of your system.
AGEOD Dev. Team
GShock

Post by GShock »

Prima any chance the natives might be allowed to receive replacements in indian villages too? That would be perfect considering the indians withdraw there for winter quarters.
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

Hi Primasprint,

Thanking you for replay.[;)]

You know I have all AGEod engine games, (BOA, WIA, NCP, AACW): I never experienced the "graphic trouble" before: so it can be considered a very rare event!
I'm using a top end PC, with GPU drivers, (NVidia) constantly udpated to last certificated driver version available.

NOTICE:
In my HD I have turn files "Few Acres of Snow" scenario played to completion twice. Let me know if you need some turn files for examination. I'll be pleased to send them too.
If not of interest for AGEod development team I'll delete them in next days to recover HD free space.

Regards

JastaV
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

So using the historical attrition rule you still need a depot to get replacements for lost elements.

yes I was using advanced, historical attrition rules.
Thanks for the "depot" tip: Indeed I was going after my experience from other AGEod titles, (see NCP) where with last patchs units are getting replacement even not at depots, although with slower rate.
GShock:
Prima any chance the natives might be allowed to receive replacements in indian villages too? That would be perfect considering the indians withdraw there for winter quarters.

Indeed I was assuming things were going that way...... if not GShock suggestion is very good, (in my humble opinion)![8D]
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
GShock

Post by GShock »

I know it's been asked, i wanted to know if it will be done...that was my question. [:)]
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Primasprit

Post by Primasprit »

ORIGINAL: GShock

I know it's been asked, i wanted to know if it will be done...that was my question. [:)]
I'd say yes, something will be done about this. Can't say anything about the when and how right now, as it still needs to be discussed to do it right.
Sorry for being so vague. [:)]

Cheers
Norbert
AGEOD Dev. Team

Return to “Tech Support”