Reinforcement chart

Birth of America 2: Wars in America is the much expanded reprise of veteran developer AGEOD’s acclaimed first release, which allows players to command either side of the conflicts before, during and after the American War for Independence between 1636 and 1815. Apart from the engaging turn-based strategy play that has been expanded and vastly improved over the original, Birth of America 2: Wars in America includes major new features like an improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, Great Britain, Spain, Holland) and more.
mimarsp

Reinforcement chart

Post by mimarsp »

Is there ANY Reinforcement chart(s) available in this game?
loki100

Re: Reinforcement chart

Post by loki100 »

Each scenario is a bit different but broadly you raise new units in one of three ways:

a) scripted reinforcements
b) unlocking fixed or neutral units
c) raising units by expending resources (this mostly only applies to artillery or supply)

In some scenarios its pretty linear but for eg in the French and Indian wars scenario (prob the best in the game in my opinion) it is complex and worth paying close attention to the in-game tool-tips. Also sometimes factions switch sides. Some of the smaller (or earlier) scenarios have no reinforcements.

Scripted reinforcements, as such, I think you need to have a look at the scn files.

This AAR on the French and Indian wars may give you a good grasp of both the process and wider game play

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/th ... t-12573865

more generally, for this (and your PoN question), you are more likely to get an answer on the AGEOD forum as that is more likely to catch the attention of some of the original player base
mimarsp

Post by mimarsp »

yes loki, thanx for a reply. I ask about the SCRIPTED reinf. No way to see a year or so in advance for any new stuff. But no.
As the article you dircted me to shows...check beginning of turn for EVENTS. Years back I looked into this via AGEOD forums. DEEP within the Game Folder there were some "scripts" witch I couldn't understand, nor know how to open to read.
AHH! surprises. I mentioned in a previous post about this, in that I'd break out the old paper reinf. chart from Avalon Hill's 1776! not!!
loki100

Post by loki100 »

mimarsp wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:47 am .... Years back I looked into this via AGEOD forums. DEEP within the Game Folder there were some "scripts" witch I couldn't understand, nor know how to open to read.
you can open and manipulate all the scenario and event files in all the AGEOD games, just use a simple text editor (not word as that sometimes adds extra lines etc).

simply link the suffic .scn to the text editor and add other suffixes if you need to open those files - but the scenario ones are the main ones for the info you want,

The syntax is easy enough to follow

The AGE-Wiki covers how to interpret if its not immediately clear

https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/www.ageod. ... _Page.html

but - as above, I'd suggest post in the old AGEOD forum, much more likely to get an answer than here (I suspect)

Return to “Birth of America 2: Wars in America”