Is the "Very Hard" AI level working correctly?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_BoA/AGEOD

von Beanie

Is the "Very Hard" AI level working correctly?

Post by von Beanie »

Recently, Pocus wrote that he didn't know of any wins by the Americans over the British with the AI set at the "very hard" level. So I'm trying it with the latest patch (1.1?) installed.

I set the difficulty to "very hard," turned on the AI enhancement to give it more time to think, and did NOT change the aggressiveness level from the "normal" setting.

It is now mid-1777 and the British have so far failed to move any of their large armies out of their starting cities. Quebec and Boston are well-garrisoned, but I've managed to wipe them from the rest of the board and have a substantial point lead. Something seems very wrong because this game is much easier to win than the "hard" game. In fact, it is boring because they refuse to come out and fight.

I have a current saved game if anyone cares to check the settings. Is their a bug with the "very hard" British AI that prevents it from attacking?
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pocus

RE: Is the "Very Hard" AI level working correctly?

Post by Pocus »

send the save yes support@ageod.com

Know though that the AI level you set is relevant only as long as you set it, it is not saved in the file, so each time you play this game, you have to set the AI level to very hard. Is the FOW level pumped 1 level too?
AGEOD Team
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

** it is not saved in the file, so each time you play this game, you have to set the AI level to very hard. **

Does this mean every time we load a saved game we have to set it to very hard again? That seems rather rediculous why wouldn't it save the the save game file? You couldn't program it to save the difficulty in the save game file?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

von Beanie

Post by von Beanie »

In the process of preparing to send the save file I found the problem (based on the prior comments). I didn't realize that the "activate AI" button was turned off for this game.

The reason for this is that I'm also playing a PBEM game at least once a day, and so some time ago I unchecked this box to make sure my opponent's files are loaded for that game. I didn't realize that I would have to change that selection manually each turn when I'm not playing a PBEM opponent. 

I agree with Ravinhood that it might be better to have the settings saved in the various game files so that you only have to get the settings right (once) at the beginning of a game (i.e., PBEM vs. solo). Please accept my apologies.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

yes and no, if you don't change the settings (very hard), then they remain as it (they are saved in the general configuration file). They are not saved in the current game file to allow the modification of the level at any time. Paradox is just doing that for all these games (not implying here that what Paradox does is always perfect ;-) ), so it is not that weird.

I agree that the best solution would be allow both options.
AGEOD Team
korrigan

Post by korrigan »

ORIGINAL: von Beanie
In the process of preparing to send the save file I found the problem (based on the prior comments). I didn't realize that the "activate AI" button was turned off for this game.
The reason for this is that I'm also playing a PBEM game at least once a day, and so some time ago I unchecked this box to make sure my opponent's files are loaded for that game.

After having past and copy your opponent orders in the right file, load your own turn. Upon selecting your PBEM game you'll see that there is a red stapple next to your opponent turn, showing that orders have found for his side. Plus, if you've forgotten to move your opponent orders in the right place, the interface will warn you before to process the turn with the AI.

Best,

Korri
AGEOD Team
Support independent developers!

Return to “Birth of America Support”