Foreign Intervention not allowed?

Ageod’s Thirty Years War is a new game designed by developer HQ covering one of the darkest ages of European history.
lerugray

Foreign Intervention not allowed?

Post by lerugray »

Hey all

Maybe im just seeing or doing something wrong, but no matter what I set foreign intervention on in options and then start a game, sweeden never intervenes (been playing as catholic) Foreign intervention is not disabled, but when I open up the F9 screen it says it's not possible, which is confusing. In my last campaign I was at 1639 and sweeden still hadn't intervened, this a bug maybe?
lerugray

RE: Foreign Intervention not allowed?

Post by lerugray »

Bump, please help? in another campaign as catholics and its 31, sweeden still hasn't intervened, I feel like im missing out on part of the game, less challenging and saddening :(
lerugray

Post by lerugray »

Update, finally happened, maybe is triggered on how far you push into northern Germany? My other games I had taken Jutland but nothing, weird!
Symple

Post by Symple »

An important element for Sweden to intervene is the HRE has eliminated Denmark. Because of politics of the time, Sweden would not have joined a war on the side of Denmark.

The diplomacy interface, where you expend EP to influence other factions, is a bit more straight forward in pbem play. I think an additional factor you have playing against AI is that AI has some randomness as to which faction it is trying to influence. For Sweden to have an alignment with the Protestant cause, about four up to six attempts to bring her into the game are needed.

Return to “Thirty Years' War”