I Love this Game

Ageod’s Thirty Years War is a new game designed by developer HQ covering one of the darkest ages of European history.
Symple

I Love this Game

Post by Symple »

Rarely does a game combine small unit density and complex game play, TYW is one such game. I have been playing this game for some time and still 'best play' eludes me.
I am currently in three games (losing as per usual almost in all), but loving the challenges presented.
Leibst

RE: I Love this Game

Post by Leibst »

Thanks Symple, great to read that.
I promise you that TYW will have a new patch polishing some details and that we will work in last Years scenario.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

And the last flash screen that you see in the latest version of the Ein Feste Burg mod anticipates that (the painting by Gerome).
Symple

Post by Symple »

I actually do not have any idea what you mean by this Philippe at bay?
What is Ein Feste Burg in regard to TYW?
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

The Ein Feste Burg mod is described here:

tm.asp?m=4103936

It replaces the game music with music from the period.
Symple

Post by Symple »

It is always interesting when one thread gets hijacked by a different concern. I am sure for the musically interested this was a nice detour. For me, Thirty Years War is a great wargame. As I always play with sound turned off I have no idea of the above conversation.
This game is almost as grand as chess. Small moves make a difference. For me this era is so critical. This war is why I am in America not Europe. But personal issues aside, this game is so tightly designed that I continue to learn best play and continue to fall short of finding ideal play.
A nice challenge.

Return to “Thirty Years' War”