Clarification about stockpiled supply

Ageod’s Thirty Years War is a new game designed by developer HQ covering one of the darkest ages of European history.
Avionauta

Clarification about stockpiled supply

Post by Avionauta »

Hi,
just installed the game and running through the tutorials and skimming the manual in the meantime.

During the first tutorial the game is introducing the map and it's saying that above the mini map there are two icons to show the stockpiled supply (general and ammunition respectively); though passing over the mouse on the map I can see those values are zero every where.

Is that something I'm not understanding? Or is this part of the game not working or implemented?

Thanks!
Zorch

RE: Clarification about stockpiled supply

Post by Zorch »

Try the Ageod forums--> http://www.ageod-forum.com/forum.php
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Welcome to the forum Avionauta,

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that supply doesn't accumulate in 'The Thirty Years War'. See pg 82 in the manual. That may be the reason it's always zero.

The tool tip gives a supply level for each region.

Pressing hotkey '2' will highlight supply sources and show areas where supply can pass though effectively. (clear no shading).

I'm not an expert but I hope this helps.

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Supply is really tricky in this game. It uses the 'simple' AGEOD system of supply. This means you draw supply from the region you are in and the adjacent regions only.
There is a need to build depots to increase available supply, but this is balanced by very limited resources to build new supply wagons.
It is a nice tension, challenging to play, but a really nice take on war in this era.

Return to “Thirty Years' War”