This isn't Risk, But I like it!

Magnifico - Da Vinci’s Art of War is a game of conquest set in the Renaissance period. Wage war and conquer Europe with the help of Leonardo's ingenious war machines.
miller7219

This isn't Risk, But I like it!

Post by miller7219 »

Well, after several games I have to admit the wargamer in me is going to have to make some changes! I've conquered 80% of Europe every time, but end up loosing badly on points. This game is about points not conquest. Interesting twist on world conquest games. Highly recommended. This is the kind of game that's a welcomed break from the complexity of grognard games like Flashpoint Red Storm and CMANO. I play them all and don't feel ashamed one bit to say I like Magnifico. In fact, Several years ago I picked up a another simple gem like Magnifico, Conguest! Medieval Realms. It's also available on Matrix/Slitherine. Thank you Matrix for having the guts to give us a few of these strategically thought provoking, but simple in scale kind of games. Even hardcore wargamers need a break from the depths of 200+ page manuals and thousands of units to plan our battlefield victories. Bravo!

Return to “Magnifico - Da Vinci’s Art of War”