Anyone want to try Multi-player?

Conquest! Medieval Realms, developed by Illustrious Software, is a turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting. The objective is to conquer up to 7 opposing AI or human players by defeating their armies and capturing their lands. To gain supremacy, players will need to unite their spread out lands, build a roaring economy, and raise powerful armies to divide and conquer their enemies. Boost your income via markets and mines, upgrade your armies with stables and archery fields, or amass a large force, but sound strategy and careful thought will help you more than brute force.
Missouri_Rebel

Anyone want to try Multi-player?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

I will be online at 7:00 PM Central Standard Time tomorrow(monday)if someone would like to try this out or if you see that I am online here you could drop me a message. Adam? Gingerbread? Devs?

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
LordJekky

RE: Anyone want to try Multi-player?

Post by LordJekky »

I can't promise you anything - both myself and cerby are in the UK, so it'll be 1am here. If we can though, we'll be there.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

K...I'm ready for some lessons now
  it's 7
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

Yes, we do know.. we're both there - seems that you have some port issues though - check out my thread in the tech support forum for more info about this.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

dang the luck...are you sure?

LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

Pretty sure - we tried sending you chat messages but it seemed like you couldn't see them, and i'm guessing you couldn't see the game i hosted either..

Long story short, you need port 2301 UDP to be open on your router and/or firewall for the lobby to work properly.
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

o.k...let me see what I can do with that...will try again another time...thanks anyways

LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

Only other thing i can think of is the windows firewall.. i always turn it off so i can't be sure, but i think it needs an exception adding for the game (or turning off entirely).
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

firewall is off for the moment but it looks rather complicated to change my router. Something about a temp static ip that will work for a while...etc...too confusing. Is there an easier way? 

k....gonna try it and see what I can mess up. Any way one of you guys can keep logged on so I can see if it works? It will show a name for you if it is working properly?

also, if I choose a static ip will it mess with my connections and do I have to do this every time?

thanks in advance...I really want to get this thing flying.

mo reb
LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

Ack.. sorry we vanished, but we thought you had given it up for the night.

I know how much of a pain router setup can be, i've had my share of pain in that department.

If you want to try again, just let us know, and we'll try to do what we can.
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Whatever happened to the good old days of just putting in someones IP number and you connect and start playing? Today it's firewalls and port settings and well the majority of gamers I would think just don't want to mess with that stuff or even know how to begin with.

Why don't you set something up with Gamespy or The Zone (MSN)?

Now I remember why I backed off from buying this game earlier after playing the demo. The issues with MP.
LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

Unfortunately, the internet used to be a simpler (and smaller) place - but these days routers are needed because so many people have home networks, and firewalls because of the constant threat of viruses/worms/trojans/whatever else they call the threats these days.

Even using a system like gamespy doesn't totally avoid this issue - we've used it in the past to play games and still had to fiddle with ports.

I think pretty much every game i've ever played online, i've had to open some port or other to get it to work properly...

That said, if you wanted to play without the lobby, that option certainly exists (assuming that you know the IP of the game host). The host does still have to open a port (the other players don't though), but there are still ways to avoid that issue - using a program like hamachi for example, although it's only useful for direct IP.

Unfortunately, there isn't a great deal we can do about the situation - firewalls and routers are simply the reality we have to deal with, and as yet there is no standard way of handling the problem, so everyone just has to do what they can and hope it works.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Most routers have a "DMZ" option you can turn on and set to your computer's local IP. If you do that, it opens up all the ports and traffic goes right to your computer. If you're not familiar with setting specific ports open in your router, that's an easier way to do it (thought it's also less secure, so remember to turn the "DMZ" back off when you're done gaming).
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Conquest! Medieval Realms”