Can Anyone Get This to Start?

Conquest! Medieval Realms, developed by Illustrious Software, is a turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting. The objective is to conquer up to 7 opposing AI or human players by defeating their armies and capturing their lands. To gain supremacy, players will need to unite their spread out lands, build a roaring economy, and raise powerful armies to divide and conquer their enemies. Boost your income via markets and mines, upgrade your armies with stables and archery fields, or amass a large force, but sound strategy and careful thought will help you more than brute force.
Adam Parker

Can Anyone Get This to Start?

Post by Adam Parker »

I downloaded the game fine and started to install.

At the end of the process I'm asked whether I want to install the .NET Framework and Direct x 9c.

Im certain my system has these (.NET SP 3) so I clicked no. Tried starting via the menu and nothing happened.

Unistalled the game and re-installed this time clicking yes to both options.

The .NET install reported a "Set Up Error".

Have I stuffed my system up now?

Still can't get the game to load.
Missouri_Rebel

RE: Can Anyone Get This to Start?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Are you running Vista? If so did you try running in Administrator?

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

XP Pro.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

Think I've solved it. I let the system load Direct X 9c even though I had it.

LordJekky

Post by LordJekky »

It's probably worth noting that there are many versions of directx 9.0c (even though it appears they all have the same version number on the surface) because microsoft updates it every 2 months.

The game requires a fairly recent update, which is what the installer includes. If you are sure about .NET it's safe to uncheck that box, but i would recommend -always- installing directx (it won't do any harm if you already have a newer version).
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

As noted in the installer, the best way to go is to always let the "required" components install - there's no situation where these would harm your system, they just make sure the game has what it needs to run. These are both Microsoft installers.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Conquest! Medieval Realms”