Aurigas 4 vs 3

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
sushidog

Aurigas 4 vs 3

Post by sushidog »

While working your way up in a campaign, is there a benefit to having 4 aurigas rather than just 3?
Jones944

RE: Aurigas 4 vs 3

Post by Jones944 »

Rotating through 4 allows more rest and recuperation time between races? Rolling 4 lines is always better in hockey than "shortening the bench." - If your average team skill is high enough, anyway. Use your best guys when you need them the most, not as a matter of routine I guess.
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
Herode_2

Post by Herode_2 »

I'd say it's a kind of investment. With 4 teams, you have time to heal the wounded and repair the broken without having to pay meds/vets/craftsmen.
Meanwhile, the individual experience of your aurigaes will grow at a slower rate, but are you in a hurry for this ?
Westheim

Post by Westheim »

I am currently working with only two in my game and it works well so far. It may depend on how aggressive you are and how often your guys crash out. I am mostly going cautious, which means less crashes, less injuries, and less need to have three, let alone four aurigas, but also less wins...
Don't be scared - I'm almost sure that I just want to play!

Return to “QVADRIGA”