scratch in the middle of alesia battle

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
2gaulle

scratch in the middle of alesia battle

Post by 2gaulle »

game stop after a combat in the middle of alesia Battle with no specific reason.
unfortunatly it doe's the same way each time I reload the auto Save
Erik Rutins

RE: scratch in the middle of alesia battle

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please zip up and post the autosave file for us. Also, please post the latest .log file in your Log sub-folder of Julius Caesar. Those should give us a good idea of what's going on here. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Hidde

Post by Hidde »

Exactly the same happened to me today. Alesia, turn 8, reaction phase. Music continuous but otherwise the game freezes.
Dense question: when you say post, where exactly do I post to?

Hidde
Hidde

Post by Hidde »

After trying to reload Autosave several times without success I tried with AutosaveOld.
Lo and behold! it worked and turn 8 is now completed. I had to stop there and will continue later.
I'm a bit concerned still because I've encountered this kind of behaviour from the game more and more lately. Somtimes it stop during thinking(when the bar fills on screen), sometimes during play. I can still send the save and logfile if it's of interest. Need instructions though[8|]

Hidde
2gaulle

Post by 2gaulle »

would be happy to receive some news and to be able to continue the campaign[&:]
Deride

Post by Deride »

We really don't have any information to go on at this time. We really need for you guys to send in your Log files along with your Autosave file. Can you send these to support@matrixgames.com?

Hopefully we can track down the issues and get them resolved...

Thanks,
Deride
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Sorry, you can post here by clicking on the "Click here to upload" link when you are posting a reply in this thread. Zip the file(s) you want to upload and browse from the pop up that appears to tell the forum which file you want to attach to the message. One attachment per message.

See the pinned thread in this forum for how to post log files. We would also like to get those save files, but the forum will only accept them if they are zipped.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Hidde

Post by Hidde »

Ok, my attempts to zip the file went wrong somehow but I've sent it and the logfile to support.

-2gaulle:
have you tried and load the autosaveOld. It soved the problem for me. I have finished the battle now. Had a couple of CTD but could load autosave and continue immeditely after.

Hidde
2gaulle

Post by 2gaulle »

We really don't have any information to go on at this time. We really need for you guys to send in your Log files along with your Autosave file.

sending again in a zip

have you tried and load the autosaveOld. It soved the problem for me.

unfortunatly same problem
2gaulle

Post by 2gaulle »

any news on my problem?[:(]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, Koios just e-mailed me that they were able to duplicate and fix the problem. A new update is entering testing. I'd appreciate if you and Hidde could e-mail me and I'll send it to you to check against your games.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Deride

Post by Deride »

We were finally able to get a copy of the autosave game file from Hidde. We loaded the game and encountered the same problem. After review, we were able to figure out what was happening.

In a nutshell, you had a cav unit that was trying to retreat over a wall. This is not allowed, which the battle engine caught correctly. However, it continued to try and process the move, resulting in paralysis.

We were able to fix this problem with a minor code change which we have sent to Erik for testing. This new version may likely be included in a patch that we will get out in the next few days (once testing is complete.) It will not affect anyone's games, campaigns, settings, etc.

Thanks for bringing this error to our attention and providing us with the autosave file to discover the problem.

BTW, if anyone has created a ZIP file or copy of a saved game within the saved game subdirctory, you should remove those files from that folder. While it won't break the game, it does cause it to slow down in loading since it tries to find the saved game list from all files on disk.

Deride
2gaulle

Post by 2gaulle »

ok thank,
I could wait for now as it's look like I will be busy on an other front for the next 15 days[;)]

Return to “Tech Support”