Dev Team...scenario SDK docs please

A turn-based, simultaneous-play wargame with a classic 3D miniatures feel and a two non-linear historical campaigns.
Blond_Knight

Dev Team...scenario SDK docs please

Post by Blond_Knight »

Koios guys, I know you said you didnt have the resources to build a proper scenario editor but can you at least give us some docs on how its done? I see you made the battlefields with Milkshape, how can I get a new map to get recognized by the game? Is it hardcoded or does it read a file somewhere that lists all the battle scenarios?
Please dont leave us high and dry, this really is a nice game that simulates miniatures play, WW2 games are dime a dozen but there arent many other games like this.
Again Im not looking for formal elaborate docs, but something even if its just an explaination of how its done would be very helpful and appreciated.
Thank you
mbelew

RE: Dev Team...scenario SDK docs please

Post by mbelew »

Unfortunately there's a lot of level data embedded in the game executable. I don't think there's anyway to add extra levels unless you compile the game. sorry!
Marshall
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Dang I was afraid of that. I see now that the EXE is pretty small, but your right theres a Lib.dll that contains all the level data, most of it clear text in XML.
Deride

Post by Deride »

Unforuntately, TS:JC was not build so that the core maps could be edited. There were plans to add in expandability using some of the same XML files, etc. but that was never put into reality.

Hope you enjoy the game,
Deride

Return to “Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar”