Questions about Legion Arena

Legion Arena Gold combines the award winning Legion Arena with the Cult of Mithras expansion pack allowing you even more units to crush your adversaries with. Fire Demons, Shadow Warriors and Ghost legions are just some of the beasts at your control with the expansion pack. Organize your troops, give orders and unleash the fury of the legion!
mikul82

Questions about Legion Arena

Post by mikul82 »

Is this one mainly just battle to battle or is there a grand strategy element also? Diplomacy, trade, etc?

I really like the sound of "order time system" combat, sounds like it could be more realistic than the immediate radio communtication ability you have in something like Rome Total War, anyone know how well this works in the game? The feature about "Fire demons, shadow warriors, and ghost legions" makes me want to run in the other direction though.

I'm not familiar with Slitherine's games at all, just looked today at this one and Chariots of War so if someone could enlighten me I'd appreciate it!
anarchyintheuk

RE: Questions about Legion Arena

Post by anarchyintheuk »

It's battle to battle. The order time system makes for a realistic feel to giving commands.

The fire demons, etc. are part of the expansion set.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: mlc82

The feature about "Fire demons, shadow warriors, and ghost legions" makes me want to run in the other direction though.

Don't, you won't come across any of them until you have finished the whole of the original Roman campaign and there's a Gaul campaign as well. The Mithras stuff is actually quite fun when you get there, though. [:)]
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

I bought this about two weeks ago for $9.99 at Gamestop.  After some digging on the Arena forum I found out there is an "editor" of sorts inside the game.  I didnt really care for the game and thought it was a really basic version of RTW, but Im interested in game editors in general and am curious as to why its existance isnt mentioned? Whenever Im thinking of buying a Matrix game I always walk away if there isnt an editor.
mikul82

Post by mikul82 »

Well I actually purchased and downloaded Chariots at War earlier and so far have really liked it...  Was looking for something with a strategic element also, and I've never seen that time period modeled specificly in a game before.  I really do like the battle system so far, feels far more realistic than something like Rome TW.  I'll probably end up trying this one out also, although I'm kind of leaning toward Spartan at the moment for the strategic portion.

Return to “Legion Arena Gold”