Modding the game

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic. With this military juggernaut of the ancient world at your disposal, you will vie for control over Italy, Carthage, Spain and the Mediterranean Sea using a combination of strategic political maneuvering and sheer tactical skill both on land and sea. Play consists of two layers; the first is a strategic layer where you must prudently steer your forces to the destruction of Rome’s army and the ultimate destruction of the Republic and city itself. At your disposal are a variety of unit types and historical commanders from which to form your armies. On the tactical scale, when meeting the enemy in battle, skilled leadership and a knack for war come into play as you use a simple but engaging battle system to best your opponents.

Moderator: mercenarius

boudi

Modding the game

Post by boudi »

Hi,

I would like to change the pictures of the Carthaginian galleys.

Because a Carthaginian galley is this :

And the game gives me this :

??? What's this ? A turtle ? [:-]

i just would like to copy the roman galley picture (who is fine) to the carthaginian galley, and change the font color in black.

But i can't found the pictures in the game files. I opened some jar files but with no result.

Where are these pictures ?

Thanks !

mercenarius

RE: Modding the game

Post by mercenarius »

I am sorry, but the images for the counters/tiles are not in a place that you can access. There isn't any way for you to edit them.

I used the icons from the original board game as the design basis for the Roman and the Carthaginian warship counters. I did change the icons for the Macedonian and Syracusan naval units to make them different.

To allow for custom counters/tiles, I would need to put out a patch. To be honest, there just isn't time for that right now. I would love to do something like this, but I am very reluctant to make any promises. Even vague ones, which are useless anyway. Naturally I am sorry that you are displeased with this aspect of the game. I do want to thank you for your purchase.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
boudi

RE: Modding the game

Post by boudi »

Thank your for your reply. Don't worry, the game is excellent. [:)]

I started an after action report here, https://www.leqg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16031 , in french, sorry.

And happy new year !

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War”