GOG

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic. With this military juggernaut of the ancient world at your disposal, you will vie for control over Italy, Carthage, Spain and the Mediterranean Sea using a combination of strategic political maneuvering and sheer tactical skill both on land and sea. Play consists of two layers; the first is a strategic layer where you must prudently steer your forces to the destruction of Rome’s army and the ultimate destruction of the Republic and city itself. At your disposal are a variety of unit types and historical commanders from which to form your armies. On the tactical scale, when meeting the enemy in battle, skilled leadership and a knack for war come into play as you use a simple but engaging battle system to best your opponents.

Moderator: mercenarius

Orm

GOG

Post by Orm »

Maybe this game would be a nice addition to good old games?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
mercenarius

RE: GOG

Post by mercenarius »

I don't know much about GOG. I am not sure what Matrix Games itself would think about that. I will have to ask them.

Do you have many games purchased from GOG?
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
Orm

Post by Orm »

Only place I buy games except Matrix/Slitherine.

Recently Matrix/Slitherine has added games from their portfolio to GOG and I was reminded of that fact because there was a sale of Panzer Corps, on gog, that I used. I had Panzer Corps already but now I got all the DLC as well.

I also think that Hannibal would classify as a good old game. I actually think Hannibal is a great game but that is beside the point. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

I have been informed that GOG is the one who decides this. They pick the games that they want and contact the publisher, etc.

So it is not really for us to offer Hannibal to them. Nice idea, though. [;)]
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

You still can add it in wishlist (the Hannibal yet is not the good one)
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games
Orm

Post by Orm »

Good idea. Thank you.
Drakkon

Post by Drakkon »

ORIGINAL: ErissN6

You still can add it in wishlist (the Hannibal yet is not the good one)
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games

I have added Hannibal to the wishlist. Please vote for it.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/hann ... _punic_war

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War”