Too bad this is dead

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
LarryP

Too bad this is dead

Post by LarryP »

I love this type of game, and they did this well, except for abandoning it.
donkuchi19

RE: Too bad this is dead

Post by donkuchi19 »

I agree - Love the concept of the game, but everytime I play, I get frustrated because of a crash and no way to continue the game.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

What can we do, nothing. Bought the game, move on, seems unfair.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

This was the second or third game in a row, for me at least, that they released that ultimately killed PC games and what was as I once knew it Matrix games. The others was the swords civil war game, World in Flames promise of AI, ASL clone Tigers Hunt or whatever it was called.

After David Heath left, a lot of what I once loved about the games and Matrix started to change and really soured me. I used to purchase just about everything they put out, regardless of the increasing cost and sub par quality. Maybe I changed and just got old and cranky. Sad, but time moves on and I would much rather spend my money on board games now, which is why I started playing PC war games to start with; no one to play them with! Ironic.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Nimrod 9th

Post by Nimrod 9th »

I wanted to buy this game. Badly. Came very close a number of times. But reading all the complaints about crashes kept me from pulling the trigger. Still check the forum once a month or two. Wonder how many others out there were like me? Matrix could have made lots of money on this game if the developers hadn't abandoned it. Look how popular games that developers haven't abandoned are. Games that keep receiving patches and updates and mods seem to sell a very long time. Wonder how much money those games are making?
kaliyama

Post by kaliyama »

ORIGINAL: Skeleton

This was the second or third game in a row, for me at least, that they released that ultimately killed PC games and what was as I once knew it Matrix games. The others was the swords civil war game, World in Flames promise of AI, ASL clone Tigers Hunt or whatever it was called.

After David Heath left, a lot of what I once loved about the games and Matrix started to change and really soured me. I used to purchase just about everything they put out, regardless of the increasing cost and sub par quality. Maybe I changed and just got old and cranky. Sad, but time moves on and I would much rather spend my money on board games now, which is why I started playing PC war games to start with; no one to play them with! Ironic.

Yeah, I have had the exact same arc. It used to be the bad matrix game was the rare exception. Now, half-finished unplayable garbage is the rule. I gave up after this failed to be supported - thank god I didn't drop a bunch of $$ on World in Flames when they didn't bother to include the AI. I don't understand who keeps buying these games - why not release fewer games but actually invest enough resources in them so they are complete games? They would make so much more money that way.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: kaliyama

ORIGINAL: Skeleton

Yeah, I have had the exact same arc. It used to be the bad matrix game was the rare exception. Now, half-finished unplayable garbage is the rule. I gave up after this failed to be supported - thank god I didn't drop a bunch of $$ on World in Flames when they didn't bother to include the AI. I don't understand who keeps buying these games - why not release fewer games but actually invest enough resources in them so they are complete games? They would make so much more money that way.

I bought WiF because it promised AI. Now I see it may never happen at all. I'm still trying to enjoy solitaire mode.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

OH man, i cant this one was discontinued already, - i always wanted to get a copy from Matrix Games at some point
what is this crash issue? i havent experienced it myself, but maybe i havent played it long enough
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

OH man, i cant this one was discontinued already, - i always wanted to get a copy from Matrix Games at some point
what is this crash issue? i havent experienced it myself, but maybe i havent played it long enough

This game has/had so much potential.
Great concept & was quite fun.
A shame the game has been abandoned, again...so much potential. :(

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”