Catapults ...

This is a turn based fantasy game with a mix of strategy and RPG elements. It is in development at Crasleen Games, a small indie developer. The closest comparison would be a game like Battle for Wesnoth. We think its a great game from a small new studio and that this will be a solid base for Crasleen to build on for the future!
jack54

Catapults ...

Post by jack54 »

I'm finding out the hard way about catapults. Tip screen before the battle tells you to spread out...I didn't listen. When firing into a group of hexes they 'will hit someone'.

also hid behind a tree and the bolder hit the tree knocking it over on top of my hiding archer.

I'm nearly out of money because I've been resurrecting every unit. I haven't even tried 'Ironwill' level, that's the level where a unit dies and stays dead.

This is my first fantasy game in years and it has certainly whet my appetite for some more. Maybe 'Age of Wonders 3' down the road.

But for now it's back to Crasleen. Ut-oh INCOMING....
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
FroBodine

RE: Catapults ...

Post by FroBodine »

Hahaha, yep. I love the terrain features in this game. Lots of fun stuff to play with.

I highly recommend Age of Wonders 3. It is a fantastic game. Triumph Studios did it right.

My only gripe right now is the AI is to quick to run out of their fortified towns or positions to attack me. But, they already said they are fixing that, and other AI improvements, in a patch due out today or any day now.

Great, great game. As is Drums of War.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Wondering if AoW III has the editing options I believe the old games had. I do have DoW. As a Steam game, I'll probably wait for the inevitable sale and go for CMx2 RT which is out and will never go on sale. Thanks for the info, though

To answer my own dumb question - yes AOWIII has it; wonder how it works; looks a bit more complex than Drums of war, but pretty slick.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Just had to add... Another GOOD thing about the 'Matrix Group'....NO INTERNET DRM. 2 of the games listed above have it in some form or another.

BTW still having trouble with the above scenario I may need a campaign re-start.[:(]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

Return to “Drums of War”