The graphics in this game...

Turn-based strategy/RPG game from Age of Games, a talented team from Italy.
DerTroof

RE: The graphics in this game...

Post by DerTroof »

ORIGINAL: Fabivs

ORIGINAL: kafka

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?

It's more a tactical than a full strategic game.

The strategic phase of the game is between battles in the Encampment where you can manage your army: Buy, Sell, Upgrade and Resurrect Units.

I'm sure you know Panzer Corps, one of the best sellers here (and that we can say it's the modern sequel of Panzer General Series).

Well, we can say that the gameplay experience in Fantasy Kommander could be defined “similar”.

Main differences: we have the Fantasy setting (but based on the European Real Medieval Fantasy tradition), rpg elements, in-game events and dialogues, more narrative and hq phases.

Re. Panzer General, I'm almost exclusively a wargamer but I always wanted to play SSI's "Fantasy General." But it only worked in DOS, IIRC.

In any case, I may have to give this one a try. Does it come with a printed manual?
FabioBelsanti

Post by FabioBelsanti »

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

ORIGINAL: Fabivs

ORIGINAL: kafka

yes, but I haven't quite grasped what this game is about. It is just a tactical wargame set in a fantasy universe (with additional RPG elements) or does it have also a strategic layer including technology/ magic research, city development, diplomacy and so on?

It's more a tactical than a full strategic game.

The strategic phase of the game is between battles in the Encampment where you can manage your army: Buy, Sell, Upgrade and Resurrect Units.

I'm sure you know Panzer Corps, one of the best sellers here (and that we can say it's the modern sequel of Panzer General Series).

Well, we can say that the gameplay experience in Fantasy Kommander could be defined “similar”.

Main differences: we have the Fantasy setting (but based on the European Real Medieval Fantasy tradition), rpg elements, in-game events and dialogues, more narrative and hq phases.

Re. Panzer General, I'm almost exclusively a wargamer but I always wanted to play SSI's "Fantasy General." But it only worked in DOS, IIRC.

In any case, I may have to give this one a try. Does it come with a printed manual?

No, the manual is in pdf and you can see or download it here: http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/Fanta ... Manual.pdf
Fabio Belsanti
Managing Director & Lead Designer
P.M.Studios & Age of Games
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

The game runs perfectly fine in DosBox. It even supports audio CD's so you can listen to the epic soundtrack. This is how I played over and over again all these years, and it's the same experience as back then on my win95 machine.

Return to “Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars”