How to Access "Save Oil Points" form

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jsetear

How to Access "Save Oil Points" form

Post by jsetear »

Hi!

The player's manual shows a form called "Save Oil Points" (Player's Manual, vol. 2, page 95, section 8.7.2.47.) I am having trouble accessing this form. I am using the Oil Rules and the "Saving Resources and Build Points" optional rules.

From the place that the form appears in the manual, I should apparently have access to it after saving Build points but before scrapping units. (I am using the optional rule for scrapping units.) Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to access it at that point. When I finish saving any Build points, the game seems to jump straight to scrapping units.

When I go to the Production Planning page, I see some radio buttons that mention Oil Points, but the combinations that I tried yielded a message along the lines of, "You can't access that function at this point."

I would appreciate any help or guidance. Thanks in advance.

John

-- John
Orm

RE: How to Access "Save Oil Points" form

Post by Orm »

Best time to save oil, in my humble opinion, is during the preliminary production planning. Using that form to do it.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
jsetear

Post by jsetear »

Thanks! That was the hint that I needed. I was able to save oil in a particular place and see that, after production, it remained where I had saved it.

I will now try to puzzle out all of the other, various functions on the far left-hand side of the production planning screen.
-- John
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Note that you can select a radio button even when it does not makes sense (Save in place, for example, when you can't save in that place.)

Also, when countries save build points, the build points are placed after all countries have done production. This often confuses people the first time, because they do production and then wonder where their saved build points are.
I thought I knew how to play this game....

Return to “WIF School”