Allied Convoy Spreadsheet

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Allied Convoy Spreadsheet

Post by Courtenay »

Here is an Open Office spreadsheet I use to help manage Allied Convoy paths. As it is Open Office, I suspect that it will not work on Excel. Open Office does have the advantage of being free.

The example given is for the S/O '39 turn, assuming that the Axis has declared war on and occupied Belgium and the Netherlands, since this is the maximum CPs the Allies will need on S/O '39. To do later turns, copy the SO 39 sheet to ND 39, and work from there. Each turn should get its own sheet. Usually, things settle down after a bit, and there is no need to do a sheet every turn.

The upper left part of the sheet is where the sources of goods are, with each different destanation getting its own line. Canada, for example, gets two lines, one for the two resources used by its own factories, and one for goods being shipped to Britain.

The yellow shaded area is where how many goods are being shipped, and might change each turn; the other items generally don't change, or are computed.

The upper right part of the sheet shows which sea areas are in each convoy chain. Some convoy chains have no sea areas at all (Britain to Britain, for example).

The key to the spreadsheet is the C column on the lower right, which gives how many CPs are needed in each sea are.

There is an instruction page on the second sheet.
Allied Conv.jpg
Allied Conv.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 364 times
I will be grateful for any suggestions for improvements.
Attachments
AlliedConv.zip
(17.82 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Joseignacio

Re: Allied Convoy Spreadsheet

Post by Joseignacio »

My contribution:

Explain it to the AI. All, specially the part of the routes of south and central american and african resources.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Embarrassingly, I made a mistake in that spreadsheet: For the Oil from Burman to India, I put in Bay of Biscay rather than Bay of Bengal. Oops. Easy to fix, though.

I can usually get the AI to do what I want, but I generally have to beat on it a while before everything works.
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

Thanks for sharing. Is this the latest version?
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

To the best of my knowledge, yes. Make sure you fix the Burmese oil so that it is going through the Bay of Bengal and not the Bay of Biscay.

(I evidently saw "Bay of B...", and didn't look after the second capital 'B'. :)
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

Courtenay wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:44 pm To the best of my knowledge, yes. Make sure you fix the Burmese oil so that it is going through the Bay of Bengal and not the Bay of Biscay.

(I evidently saw "Bay of B...", and didn't look after the second capital 'B'. :)
Well noted with thanks.

Return to “WIF School”