AI for MWIF - Poland

A forum for the discussion of the World in Flames AI Opponent.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Froonp

RE: Gdynia gambit

Post by Froonp »

PS : Here is a version of your avatar with transparant corners, so the rounded corners are really rounded. Use it as a GIF file if you want to keep the rounded corners rounded. I can send it to you by email if you can't save it as a GIF file. I had already proposed this to you but you may have missed it.

Attachments
11PART.gif
11PART.gif (1.87 KiB) Viewed 577 times
composer99

Post by composer99 »

I can see the Germans not perhaps wanting to break the pact in 1939 and lose all those precious resources... but as long as the flexibility to break the pact at will remains, it's a bad deal for the Soviets.
~ Composer99
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

I don't think Germany can affort to leave her "courtyard", i.e. the Baltic sea, opened to allied shipping, far too dangerous. Personally, as a german, one of the first things I would do would be to take Denmark (at least when fine weather is there), and leave a garnison in Frederikshavn and Copenhagen so that Baltic is closed.

I imagine what the allies could potentially do in the Baltic and it frightens me (as a german).

I do not think leaving the URSS go in Denmark would be good to a german either, unless he wants to trap URSS into a 1940 Barbarossa or whatsoever.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
morgil

Post by morgil »

Ahh finally managed to make it work :)
Thanks Froonp
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein.
Extraneous

RE: AI for MWIF - Poland

Post by Extraneous »

9.3 Compulsory declarations
Germany must declare war on Poland in the first impulse of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939. No major power may make any other declaration of war in that impulse.

France and the Commonwealth must declare war on Germany on their first impulse after Germany has declared war on Poland. No major power may make any other declarations of war in that impulse.

This rule should be changed to read:
Germany must declare war on Poland in the first impulse of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939.

France and the Commonwealth must declare war on Germany on their first impulse after Germany has declared war on Poland. No major power may make any other declarations of war in that impulse.
University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Extraneous
Germany must declare war on Poland in the first impulse of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939. No major power may make any other declaration of war in that impulse.

Germany must declare war on Poland in the first impulse of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939.

I am not sure I understand the purpose of the suggested change.

With the suggested change it seems like the Axis are free to make other declarations of war during the first impulse. Is this the intention?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

No it shouldn't.
Paul
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

I agree with paulderynck - why is this change required?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
composer99

Post by composer99 »

Extraneous:

Each side's impulse is a separate impulse. See §3 of RAW:
D. ACTION STAGE
Repeat D1 through D3 until the action stage ends.
D1 Determine weather
D2 First side’s impulse
Every major power on the first side performs these steps:
and
D2.4 End of action
Roll to end the action stage. If it doesn’t end, advance the impulse marker the number of spaces shown on the weather chart for the current weather roll. If it ends, move on to stage E - the end of turn.
D3 Second side’s impulse
If the action stage didn’t end, repeat the steps in D2 for the second side. If the action stage doesn’t end after the second side’s impulse, go back to D1.

Unless there is some other announcement or correspondence from ADG that going forward they intend to allow the Axis declaration of war flexibility in the first impulse of September/October 1939, I can't see how the rule should change.

Incidentally, is there some reason why this was posted on the AI for Poland thread?
~ Composer99
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

Here's why. This is exactly how the rule reads.
(First Impulse) Germany must declare war on Poland in the first impulse of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939.

No major power may make any other declaration of war in that impulse.

(Second Impulse) France and the Commonwealth must declare war on Germany on their first impulse after Germany has declared war on Poland.

No major power may make any other declarations of war in that impulse.

This means that during Sep/Oct 1939 in the first two impulses:

Germany is only allowed to DoW Poland.

France and the CW are only allowed to DoW Germany.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
composer99

Post by composer99 »

Yes, that's what the responses to #125 said.

Why are you suggesting it be changed as per #125? And how does this help the AI play Poland?
~ Composer99
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

I was just "Going with the flow" as was suggested.

Reality: Britain and France declared war on Germany September 3, 1939.

I posted it here because Poland is being DoW'ed.

Germany will set up its units, DoW Poland, and then Poland will set up its units.

Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

So it's not a typo.

During any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939 no other declarations of war are allowed during the following impulses.

The first impulse when Germany must declare war on Poland.

The second impulse when France and the Commonwealth must declare war on Germany.
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

So it's not a typo.

During the first turn of any game that starts in Sep/Oct 1939 no other declarations of war are allowed during the following impulses.

The first impulse when Germany must declare war on Poland.

The second impulse when France and the Commonwealth must declare war on Germany.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Bump.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Bump.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.