Looking for an opponent

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Gratch1111

Looking for an opponent

Post by Gratch1111 »

Started a new thread

Im not experienced and not new either. Wants to play Global campaign, fine with most optional rules and then have some additional rules regarding additional play. Reason for the last part is that I want to partly limit the non historic play.

Can play either side

So anyone?
madssiggaard

RE: Looking for an opponent

Post by madssiggaard »

Dear Sir

I like to play. I would love to play Axis
Mads Siggaard
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

Great Mads, Im fine playing allies. A couple of things we need to sort out I think before we start
1/ Optional rules, dont think Con Eng, carpet bombing and food in flames are good(and I know I play allies). Others open for discussion but I want most if not all
2/ Additional rules, Like I think Italy can attack 1 neutral country before the allies can declare war, and Japan cant declare war on Com/fra unless they declare on US etc
3/ How fast/often do you intend to play? My last to games were stopped because the first one thought I wanted to play to fast, the other one to slow
4/ How exp are you? I know land and air, still learning naval better. As for the rest I know most of it but am still learning the finer nuances

You can answer using forum mail

Kent
madssiggaard

Post by madssiggaard »

Dear Kent

I will let you define the rules. I am open for your suggestions.
I would like to play 1-2 rounds every evening. I might skip a day if my wife have plans for me haha. will this suit you ?
I heave played the AI many times and found a way to beat it. So i know the mechanics and all the basic stuff. But i have to say the first games against humnans i was completely destroyed and suprised how well they played.
I have now gained a little experince (3-4 games) against real opponets and learned some stuff. It is real fun and exiting game :-). I am not a noop but mayby advanced beginner.
Mads Siggaard
madssiggaard

Post by madssiggaard »

Dear Kent

Sorry my answers was not entirely correct. I did not see it was in a World in flames forum. I thought it was Strategic command which i also play and enjoy. There are many more players than here.

I had world in flames since i was a kid :-).The real Board game. But i found it hard to find anyone that would play against me. So i always played both sides. haha

I know the basic stuff and rules. But it is my first game online. As this game is more time consuming than Strategic command i guess one round pr day will do it. What is your experience here ?

Mads
Mads Siggaard
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

Sent answer in e-mail
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

So Mads, do you still want to play?
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

Anyone else?
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Hi Gratch1111,

Are you still looking?

Where do you live. If in Europe, I'd be happy to try a game.

I'd prefer to be Allies. Agree with your option suggestions. A couple of others would be not having unlimited breakdowns, not having the restricted HQ movement, not having limited supply across straights.

Not too happy with house rules that constrain game play though.

Haven't tried Netplay. Open to experiment. E-mail games are tried and tested and have the advantage of not having to be logged in and on hand while opponent is in a lengthy phase. Send me a PM with your E-mail address. A Gmail account works well as it accepts uploads of the game files without having to zip them first. Saves a bit of time.

The PBE die roller works well. https://www.pbegames.com/roller/
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Okay, game on.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”