Fascist Tide Scenario

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

zed1949

Fascist Tide Scenario

Post by zed1949 »

What's the likelihood that the Fascist Tide Scenario will be added to the scenario mix? Being able to play the European conflict of WWII without having to engage in the Global conflict
is an option that I would like to have. At the moment, it appears that if I want to play the entire European conflict I have to use the Global Scenario in order to do so.

Being in my seventh decade, I'm not sure that time and the learning process are on my side, though I remain optimistic. [:D]

Any answer will be appreciated.

Al

paulderynck

RE: Fascist Tide Scenario

Post by paulderynck »

I believe it is still on the roadmap - after NetPlay for 2 players is officially done, but can't recall if some missing optional rules are first.

See here for the roadmap (I believe this is current):

tm.asp?m=4388273&mpage=1&key=
Paul
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Ditto. FWIW, making Fascist Tide available - even with some features not yet implemented and other bugs (as if this isn't already an issue with the Global Scenario) - should be a priority. Please? At least then we can start playing the ETO campaign while waiting for the remaining features to be implemented.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
zed1949

Post by zed1949 »

Paul,

Thanks for your response!

Since pzgndr has weighed in as well, I suspect there are many who have an interest in seeing Fascist Tide as one of the WIF scenarios.

Al
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

While I haven't researched it, I wonder if one could kluge the scenario from one of the four-map campaigns, by idling the non-involved parties. That might be more satisfying than waiting.
Paul
zed1949

Post by zed1949 »

Paul,

You pose a very interesting possibility.

Since I read your initial reply, I've been considering the Global scenario. Figuring that I would have to complete the set-ups for each major country in order to reach the first impulse. From that point I would follow through with only those majors in the European Theater while hoping to negate anything having to do with the Pacific Theater by clicking the OK button during each impulse.

Hopefully this approach would allow one to continue with each turn and only play the European Theater.

However, there maybe something that prevents this approach, but I don't know what that is. So, I guess I'll have to consider tackling the Global scenario and see what happens.

Al
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Maybe start one turn prior with Missed the Bus or another close in time to Fascist Tide. This would allow more of the minors to already be conquered and any that aren't, could be DoW'd and not given an aligning power so then they would surrender. Use the turn to help get the set up units close to where they are supposed to be.

Not sure anything could be done about Pact chits, but If someone puts in the effort to start with, then I could use beta tools to manage any issues with force pools. Then the game gets saved and becomes the scenario starting point from then on.
Paul
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
While I haven't researched it, I wonder if one could kluge the scenario from one of the four-map campaigns, by idling the non-involved parties. That might be more satisfying than waiting.

Paul, I am aware of an existing Fascist Tide scenario (at least Fast Start) that has been available to playtesters for more than 3 years. I even have a copy of the Fast Start but it will not run on the official release version of the game. I realize it has issues, but damn, Steve should go ahead and release it already as a work-in-progress. There may be a way to work around the Fast Start and get it to run, but I prefer to wait for an official release. Whatever. I continue to wait patiently.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Angeldust2

Post by Angeldust2 »

I totally agree.
Now, after the remaining optional rules seem to be tackled by Steve, I hope, the one map scenarios will be finally launched. With all due respect, I consider this more important/urgent, than starting to develop AI opponent, which in any case will probably take longer.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”