We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

brian brian

RE: We are going to stamp all over one's Blau Swede Schuhe

Post by brian brian »

Gaming seems slow for everyone right now. I have a pbem move waiting for near 2 weeks for a response.

Everyone should grab themselves some outdoor time before the next weather roll...
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Game 2

Nothing for the Germans (Land) until Land Movement phase.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

The ultimate slap in the face - a turn that keeps going (no doubt for the Axis to end) and yet nothing we can really do thanks to ****** rubbish dice as usual....

Any thoughts? The only thing I was thinking was an air transport mission to the vacant hex near the Maginot Line? That will at least give them something to think about and give some help if we do end the turn?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Why not.

I'm doing a Combined for Italy to try a bit of evacuation from Africa. Japan will be a land.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Okay in that case you may as well do the impulse. The only orders for the Germans are:

Land Movement: 6-4 moves north east to threaten Lyons.
Air Transport: The Para moves to 57,34 and the Ju-52 lands on the same hex.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Bonjour AllenK - any thoughts on Impulse 4? I think the CW will do a land and take out Rotterdam as part of the first phase of Operation March on Berlin. I've got my main man Brooke on the case so I expect to be in Berlin by impulse 10. They are going to wish they never meddled with the British Army....

I was going to do a combined but I understand that the land move restrictions affect what units can attack.... bummer.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Well we didn't get the first impulse on such an important turn..... I guess I never saw that one coming [8|]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Bonjour AllenK - any thoughts on Impulse 4? I think the CW will do a land and take out Rotterdam as part of the first phase of Operation March on Berlin. I've got my main man Brooke on the case so I expect to be in Berlin by impulse 10. They are going to wish they never meddled with the British Army....

I was going to do a combined but I understand that the land move restrictions affect what units can attack.... bummer.

warspite1

No rush but when ready can you let me know the actions and any orders up to movement phase for the French, Chinese and Soviets please?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

DoW Japan with USSR.

Combined for USSR, land for China and France.

USSR subs to China Sea 2 and 1 boxes. Two LND-4's to strat bomb Nagoya.

Thanks
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

In the other game let me know your plans. I think we should at least try and take out the MIL with a combined German/Italian attack.

I might as well use the offensive chit against the resource hex - no point delaying as the French are just so strong and that is only going to get worse.

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

In the other game let me know your plans. I think we should at least try and take out the MIL with a combined German/Italian attack.

I might as well use the offensive chit against the resource hex - no point delaying as the French are just so strong and that is only going to get worse.

Italy and Japan, land. Japan, nothing until land movement. Italy, agree. Let's keep nibbling away in the South of France.
brian brian

Post by brian brian »

I always look at the attack on France as one of 2 techniques. The direct drive on Paris I think of as the Sledgehammer. Works.

Adding efforts on any flanks - the Alps, the Maginot, even the Channel coast vs. a weak or bypassed-in-Belgium BEF, as the “Pac-Man” attack as the Allies can only put weaker units on the flanks where they get gobbled up pretty easily, in droves. Also works. I hope you gentlemen are familiar with Pac-Man.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: brian brian

I always look at the attack on France as one of 2 techniques. The direct drive on Paris I think of as the Sledgehammer. Works.

Adding efforts on any flanks - the Alps, the Maginot, even the Channel coast vs. a weak or bypassed-in-Belgium BEF, as the “Pac-Man” attack as the Allies can only put weaker units on the flanks where they get gobbled up pretty easily, in droves. Also works. I hope you gentlemen are familiar with Pac-Man.
warspite1

I'm aware of PacMan. Sadly, no matter what is put in front of the Axis, if the Axis continue to get disorganised early doors then they aren't gobbling up anyone [:(]. My dice rolling as the German player in game after game just needs to be seen to be believed. The allies are in the mountains too so....

But I need to stay positive. This is the impulse where it all changes and my air force will be knocking allied planes out of the sky left right and centre and no land throw will be less than a 9. I can feel it...... [;)]

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: AllenK

Italy and Japan, land. Japan, nothing until land movement. Italy, agree. Let's keep nibbling away in the South of France.
warspite1

Anything with Italy up to Land Movement?

brian brian

Post by brian brian »

I just came off my local pier where I was trying to catch a Salmon. I failed the Intell roll and ran smack into wind speeds about double what I expected. This had waves washing over my boots and rods spinning around in their holders, twirling the leader & bait around the main line. The roll for hooking a fish was then abysmal with the heavy negative modifier on it. I became literally disorganized (tangles) and forced to retreat to Home for some re-org points (Lunch). And then time for a new Intell report to plan my next expedition.

Your Axis just came through winter where you get low odds attacks and dispirited attackers, even when they push the French out. Soon Mr. Hilter’s best friend the Sun will be shining and it will be the Allied troops needing to make morale checks and hoping for a rally somehow with all their 6+1 leaders left over from the last war that was supposed to end all wars. Eat the power pill and watch the ghosts turn blue as they scramble around their broken lines. Start thinking about what you will be doing in Sep/Oct ‘40 - the big decision of the game.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: AllenK

warspite1

Anything with Italy up to Land Movement?

Nothing for Italy until land movement.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Okay thanks - I'll take it up to land movement (do the northern Germans) and then hand over. Best if you move the Germans in Italy in order to co-ordinate land moves - remember, we are not using combat friction so hopefully there is something we can do here.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hi AllenK, do you have any thing for Japan to do for the rest of the impulse?

AllenK

Post by AllenK »

It looks like the file I sent you didn't have the Japanese land movement saved. I'm sending a revised one.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Okay

Return to “After Action Report”