Is this a bug?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Rob322

Is this a bug?

Post by Rob322 »

I'm playing a solitaire game, still learning it really, and after seizing Warsaw, Poland still has units on the map. Don't they auto-surrender when Warsaw is taken or is that not always the case?
Angeldust2

Re: Is this a bug?

Post by Angeldust2 »

From RAC:
To conquer any other home country, you must
control its capital plus every printed factory hex
in that home country.

During Conquest
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

They surrender at the end of the turn in the appropriate phase.

In the meantime, if they have a source of supply (i.e. a city) in range, they can still attack, what they use to do, in suicide charges.

If they dont, then they can only move and flip, never attack unless they restore supply, e.g. one unit moves, flips but takes a previously occupied empty city restoring supply to others that, then, can attack themselves.

The russian player needs to have a unit ready and get into easter poland before the end of the turn or GE will stay all of Poland instead of only West.
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

To conquer Poland, the Germans have to take both Lodz and Warsaw, since both have printed factories. If either is still Polish, Poland fights on. Also, a country is only conquered during the Conquest step at the the end of the turn. Polish units are not removed until then.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

Courtenay wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:34 pm To conquer Poland, the Germans have to take both Lodz and Warsaw, since both have printed factories. If either is still Polish, Poland fights on. Also, a country is only conquered during the Conquest step at the the end of the turn. Polish units are not removed until then.
So I had taken Lodz on Axis #1. I then took Warsaw on Axis #3. However, I guess I moved all the forces from Lodz into Warsaw in advance after combat, leaving Lodz unoccupied. Perhaps that was my error?

Anyhow, on Axis #5, I sent the Germans to finish off the two remaining Polish corps and also garrisoned both Warsaw and Lodz so all seems as it should now.

Thanks for the insights. I'm enjoying this but wow, what a lot to absorb!
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

There was no problem leaving Lodz after you took it, as long as a Polish unit did not re-occupy it.

Poland (and any other country) is not conquered until the end of turn process.
Paul
Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

paulderynck wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:28 pm There was no problem leaving Lodz after you took it, as long as a Polish unit did not re-occupy it.

Poland (and any other country) is not conquered until the end of turn process.
Ahhh, there it is. The turn continues, no Polish forces remain but once the Germans took Lodz, the Poles never took it back.

Thank you all!
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Rob322 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 pm
Courtenay wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:34 pm To conquer Poland, the Germans have to take both Lodz and Warsaw, since both have printed factories. If either is still Polish, Poland fights on. Also, a country is only conquered during the Conquest step at the the end of the turn. Polish units are not removed until then.
So I had taken Lodz on Axis #1. I then took Warsaw on Axis #3. However, I guess I moved all the forces from Lodz into Warsaw in advance after combat, leaving Lodz unoccupied. Perhaps that was my error?

Anyhow, on Axis #5, I sent the Germans to finish off the two remaining Polish corps and also garrisoned both Warsaw and Lodz so all seems as it should now.

Thanks for the insights. I'm enjoying this but wow, what a lot to absorb!
Once you take the factory cities, you dont need to garrison them (they have your control marker) unless you want to avoid some still existing rogue polish unit to recover it, which is very very unusual and impossible if you play well.

Then, whether you kill the polish or not, Poland will be conquered at the conquest phase if you still have those, and the polish units will vanish.

And yes, this game is the computer version of a board game that is probably the most complex strategy board game till date. So prepare for many, many doubts like this.

Return to “Tech Support”