Which supply rule is less leggy?

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

craigbear

Which supply rule is less leggy?

Post by craigbear »

I am currently playing a solo game and enjoying it immensely. However, almost immediately upon reaching Jan/Feb 1945, things have gotten very laggy. Almost every move that switches hex control from 1 power to another involves a 1/2 minute wait. Naval moves also experience delays.

I think the problems have to do with recalculation of supply. I am using the supply rule of the base game... my question is, would the rule requiring either a CP or TRS/AMPH to trace supply, be more or less laggy than the base rule? I am thinking the stricter supply requirements might be more limited and thus, less intensive on computer resources.

Any thoughts about how different rules affect computation?
Centuur

Re: Which supply rule is less leggy?

Post by Centuur »

craigbear wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:29 am I am currently playing a solo game and enjoying it immensely. However, almost immediately upon reaching Jan/Feb 1945, things have gotten very laggy. Almost every move that switches hex control from 1 power to another involves a 1/2 minute wait. Naval moves also experience delays.

I think the problems have to do with recalculation of supply. I am using the supply rule of the base game... my question is, would the rule requiring either a CP or TRS/AMPH to trace supply, be more or less laggy than the base rule? I am thinking the stricter supply requirements might be more limited and thus, less intensive on computer resources.

Any thoughts about how different rules affect computation?
The problem in late game is the very large number of units on the map, together with long supply lines for the Allies. That make calculation times for the computer quite large. Using limited overseas supplies makes this a little bit better.
Peter
craigbear

Post by craigbear »

Thanks... I intend to use the optional next game.
Orm

Post by Orm »

craigbear wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:43 pm Thanks... I intend to use the optional next game.
I think you can change the limited supply option in a current game. That way you can try to see if it makes any difference.

You change the optional rules in a game from the optional rules form. Don't remember if it is right, or left, clicking on the rule that changes its status from on to off and the reverse. Not all option are allowed to be changed after a game has begun, but I do think this one is allowed.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “World in Flames”