Illegal maneuvering?

Share here your best strategies! Or your failures ...
ComadrejaKorp

Illegal maneuvering?

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

This maneuver has been previously notified by Marcoan1977, MorningDew and HarryBanana, but I would like to know the opinion of Alvaro and the rest of the players.

If axis launches 2 Paras blocking the 2 railway lines through which UK receives convoys, it will leave the UK without convoy routes because convoys always go to the capital.

If the axis player maintains the UK blockade, he will run out of oil in a few shifts, and will barely receive 60pp, in addition, if he does not attack London, it will not cause an increase in US production.

This is WAD? Should UK defend itself against this maneuver?
Or should Axis be prohibited from blocking enemy capital?

What do you think?
ComadrejaKorp

RE: Illegal maneuvering?

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

turn 1

Attachments
Lond1_LI.jpg
Lond1_LI.jpg (122.16 KiB) Viewed 421 times
ComadrejaKorp

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

turn 2

Attachments
Lond2_LI.jpg
Lond2_LI.jpg (117.39 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Nirosi

Post by Nirosi »

Hum... seems to me that canceling all oversea resources for that make little sense realisticaly speaking. Maybe the ressources (PP/oil) could have to go either to the capital or the backup capital (even if capital is not moved yet). Not sure how hard that would be to code, but could solve the problem in most similar cases?

However, strategically speaking, if this is just done to cut PP/oil and not to prepare an invasion and just to do the blockade, it might probably not be worth to sacrifice the paras. Not for just a turn or two in my opinion (but if it can last 3 or 4 probably).
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

The solution is to create a North Sea convoy lane that is directly coming to London by sea. Something following the below black line. In 1939, subs were hunting a lot in North Sea by the way.

Attachments
northsea.jpg
northsea.jpg (62.42 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ComadrejaKorp

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

I thought that other cities could receive the convoys, not only the capital, as Nirosi says, but I think your solution is better.
It would also open up more strategies for the SS !!
ComadrejaKorp

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

ORIGINAL: Nirosi

Hum... seems to me that canceling all oversea resources for that make little sense realisticaly speaking. Maybe the ressources (PP/oil) could have to go either to the capital or the backup capital (even if capital is not moved yet). Not sure how hard that would be to code, but could solve the problem in most similar cases?

However, strategically speaking, if this is just done to cut PP/oil and not to prepare an invasion and just to do the blockade, it might probably not be worth to sacrifice the paras. Not for just a turn or two in my opinion (but if it can last 3 or 4 probably).

I think like you that it would be good if other cities could receive the convoys, even with a penalty.

Strategically the idea would be that the Axis player would only take the ports that do not influence the US entry into the war and block the convoys.
I assure you that this strategy in 1940 is devastating for the UK.

My question, this is WAD? Should there be a possibility of damaging convoys with an invasion? And should the UK protect itself?

What definitely seems gamey to me, because you take advantage, is knowing which cities are the ones that would make the US go to war and not attack them.
kennonlightfoot

Post by kennonlightfoot »

I personally think that if the Germans invade England it ought to immediately start increasing US production levels and readiness for war. Using cities probably is easier for the game mechanics but is to easily gamed. Ideal would be a weighted factor based on how many hexes under their control with cities weighted by their importance.
Kennon

Return to “War Room”