The Use of Diplomacy.

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

wambam

The Use of Diplomacy.

Post by wambam »

Re. WarPlan, can anyone comment re. the use of Diplomacy during the beginning scenarios, to garner support from different countries?
Zovs

RE: The Use of Diplomacy.

Post by Zovs »

To Declare War (DOW), or to influence other countries towards your side or to influence other countries away from your opponent side.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Oh to also see the morale level of countries that surrender.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
wambam

Post by wambam »

Just saw Daniele's insight (Research and Diplomacy): ". . . I highly recommend not playing with diplomacy in the base WarPlan scenarios. Many nations have set adjustments in their entries depending on how the Axis or Allies perform based on history. Shifting these historical situations through the manipulations changes the experience enough to unbalance the game. With that said I still included the diplomacy system in WarPlan so players can get creative if they wish. So if you want to see a lot of “what ifs” turn on the diplomacy system. . "

Thank you that information.
Beatrix Kiddo

Post by Beatrix Kiddo »

Wait, I thought "base scenarios" meant starts other than '39. Now I am realizing that Diplomacy shouldn't be used at all! Is that correct?
Playtester for Advanced Third Reich
wambam

Post by wambam »

I take it that Daniele means that manipulating Diplomacy when the game is already based on historical alliances might well amount to "rigging the game" to suit oneself; thereby creating an "unbalanced" game compared to what is already created. If that is the case then, as D. says: " . . . With that said I still included the diplomacy system in WarPlan so players can get creative if they wish. So if you want to see a lot of “what ifs” turn on the diplomacy system. . "

As far as I am concerned, that could be a calculated risk. Result: either a fiasco or maybe a very interesting twist to the known historical situations. For me it would be worth the gamble. :) Such fiddling with Diplomacy reminds me of how Hearts of Iron IV could be so well changed thus and bring about such differing results. "Power at my fingertips". :)

AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Only reason why the diplomacy option is in the game is that if players want to create a specific scenario. But it should be OFF.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
wambam

Post by wambam »

ORIGINAL: Alvaro Sousa

Only reason why the diplomacy option is in the game is that if players want to create a specific scenario. But it should be OFF.
Sums it up . . . aah - temptation . gets me every time :)

Return to “WarPlan”