Missing Nation: Nepal

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

el cid again

Missing Nation: Nepal

Post by el cid again »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

On review, I found

3) Nobody noticed a missing Allied power: Nepal. THe Gurkha's are considered to be the best troops in WW2. Nepal had been uncooperative with other Allied nations until they feared Japan would invade (which, apparently, it never intended to do). Nepal requested to join the fight in 1942 and, after intensely training, sent three battalions in 1944. 13 other battalions remained to defend Nepal. One of these served in construction, the other two were classical light infantry. Not big on heavy weapons, they depend on the basic, old school concepts of walking infantry,
augmented by their lungs, which are conditioned by the mountains rendering superior soldiers at all altitudes.

If you are into sea stories, I was one of sailors inducted into the Seventh Duke of Edinburg's Own Gurkha Rifles in 1968 because of an incident which "impuned the honor of the regiment" which we had helped mitigate, and as active duty allied soldiers, that was deemed appropriate. Part of a stadium in Kowloon had collapsed, and we had spent most of the night in triage because the narrow roads prevented a rapid evacuation of so many casualties. We ruined our uniforms and broke cerfew, which was midnight for liberty Allied soldiers in that time and place. Because of that,
I have studied the history of these peculiar soldiers, generally considered to be the world's best. They are part of British, Indian and Nepal forces to this day.

The three battalions are named rather than numbered. Mahindradar, Kali Banadur and Jagannath (which did construction
rather than combat in Burma).

Sid
RangerJoe

Re: Missing Nation: Nepal

Post by RangerJoe »

There are Ghurka units in the Commonwealth forces. Maybe those construction units are inside of other construction units already in the game with equipment and personnel provided by India.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Torplexed

Re: Missing Nation: Nepal

Post by Torplexed »

Hey, let's add Bhutan while we're at it. :roll:

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”