Scenarios available for WitP AE

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

el cid again

RE: Scenarios available for WitP AE

Post by el cid again »

Old_Warrior

Post by Old_Warrior »

Looking for a Battle of Leyte Gulf scenario or entire 1944-45 Philippines campaign. Is this available?
Bill Peters
Developer: Battle Academy: Fortress Metz
Scenario Designer: John Tiller Napoleonic series
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

el cid again

Post by el cid again »

RHS Microupdate 6.426

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7XOIkiBuUwhb0jGIA ... g?e=MSFVdd

This update includes pwhexe.dat files, new aircraft art filmstrips,
and scenario files (aircraft, devices, air groups and ships).
el cid again

RHS Update 6.426

Post by el cid again »

RHS Microupdate 6.426

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7XOIkiBuUwhb0jGIA ... g?e=MSFVdd

This update includes pwhexe.dat files, new aircraft art filmstrips,
Perry555

Re: Scenarios available for WitP AE

Post by Perry555 »

Hello,

A few years ago I played a revised Guadacanal scenario for slot 44. I just looked and I did not see it.

I found someone who is filling to play PBEM and we agreed to play the Guad scenario.

Can you please direct me to the "best" Guad scenario?

Thank you.

Perry
el cid again

Re: RHS Update 6.426

Post by el cid again »

el cid again wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:14 am RHS Microupdate 6.426

This update included pwhexe.dat files, new aircraft art filmstrips,
Mifune and I are evaluating restarting development. I have been engaged full time working for USAF's China
Aerospace Studies Institute (CASI) of Air University on real world Chinese air forces. Meanwhile, Mifune has
substantially recovered his ability to function. We documented our work and are in the process of evaluating it.
We likely will play a public demonstration game and probably will run numbers of mini-tests to evaluate the
effectiveness of various features in the scenarios as published.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

RHS Update

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Update 9.0

This update includes all completed RHS scenarios: 121-125 & 129. Unfinished "Iwo Jima Start" scenario 126
is also included, but needs man years of work to update for 1945 - it is a full map scenario for logistical reasons.

All the work done is on device (D), leader (H) and Location (L) files. It mainly adds leaders, cleans up eratta,
and insures land units are in sync with their formations (if any) and sub units (if any).

A tiny bit of development was done in NEI and the Philippines, especially running down the full Philippine Constabulary.
This is confusing because the PC was not inducted into the Philippine Army all at once. Indeed, it was inducted, uninducted and reinducted all before WW2 began, and repeated this after the war, before finally becoming the foundation of the PNP (Philippine National Police - sort of like RCMP). The first three regiments were inducted into the Philippine Army and, with plus a peculiar heavy weapons regiment formed into the 2nd Division (PC) late in 1941. A fourth regiment was inducted in December in Western Luzon, but remained independent of any division. Six other regiments were all inducted into the Army later in the war, but ALL existed as PC units since well before the war - five of them on islands other than Luzon. They function as sort of regional HQ and security forces, and sometimes led had local government or resistance functions.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

Apparently the last link was for the wrong file. This one is for the entire installer package. I discovered O-19 class subs have a range of 1,000 (10% of actual),
so this is fixed. Scenario files updated include aircraft, class, devices, groups, locations and ships. All 1941 and 1942 pwhex.dat files are updated, both
standard and JES versions.

Sid
el cid again

RHS Update 7.10

Post by el cid again »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i2S2pW ... sp=sharing

This update contains all files including documentation, not just the updated files.

This microupdate only changes scenario files: aircraft, device, class, leader (h), group, location and ship.
Almost all changes are in leader and location files.

Hundreds of leaders were modified or added. Scores of formations and thousands of land combat unit records were
modified or added or deleted. A small number of fictional units (e.g. US Army Coast Battalions and their formation -
not to be confused with USMC Defense Battalions, because no such units appear in the official order of battle and none
are referred to in online searches) were deleted. Some were removed from "simplified" (even numbered) scenarios -
mainly sub units to reduce the number of units to manage. Some sub-sub units were removed altogether more generally,
in all scenarios - for the same reason. Many commanding officers were added or corrected due to better data - particularly
in Australia. Many land units picked up supplies and other field values. Some Allied land units lost morale or readiness ratings
where appropriate. There were two versions of the US Army 7th Division - version one had to be removed from play only
to be replaced 30 days later. I put the early version in strictly historical scenarios and the later version in RHS scenarios WITHOUT
an upgrade process - the unit points at one formation slot or the other. JES scenaios don't get the early war version, but don't have
to remove the unit from play to get the upgrade. This version probably will upgrade by the normal process (supplies permitting).

I will attempt to build start turns to discover eratta. Hopefully Mifune can create a Japanese start turn. If he does, I will run a
Track B game for a turn or two as a demonstration.

Sid
el cid again

RHS Update 7.12

Post by el cid again »

This update contains all RHS files, but only Scenario and Documentation files were changed.
This update should NOT affect any game turn in use or even in preparation in the last few days
(since 9.11 was issued). The changes affect aircraft data, and possibly air group data (with respect
to aircraft names - which should be dynamic - and not matter). All of those changes relate to
Japanese transport aircraft, especially aircraft upgrade paths. The L2D1/DC3 was renamed
DC3/L2D1. Notes explaining this aircraft, and the H6K2-L transport flying boat, were added.
The most significant change was removal of the L2D2(IJA) from strictly historical scenarios
121-124 (126 never had it). This type was certainly feasible to produce - Japan had a licence
and actually made them for IJN. But in strictly historical scenarios, they should not be an option
for Army production. Since it is not available at game start even in Japan Enhanced Scenarios,
it should not have any impact on games in progress - the option to build will simply not exist in
scenarios 121 to 124. The DC-3/L2D1 is a naming convention for DNKKK civil airliners. All civil
airliners (Japanese, Korean, Manchukuo and Chinese civil air services) are IJA controlled. So
the DC-3 is an IJA aircraft. Two identical IJN L2D1 prototypes are included, because they have
identical performance, a compromise - Japan has no net change but the Navy loses two transports
and the Army gains them instead. [This is not a change - it is just documenting the facts for clarity.]
Similarly, the DNKKK civil airline Nanyo ("South Seas") unit - operating the H6K2-L flying boat is
Army controlled - in spite of the aircraft being an IJN type. That unit could upgrade to other IJN
type flying boats - which is acceptable - as DNKKK's Nanyo unit did operate some. Again, it is
a change in documentation for clarity.

An error in the durability of the Ki-47 light bomber was corrected. I failed to rerun the durability
formula. This will automatically update and take effect. Since only two prototype aircraft exist, it will
only have much significance if a player puts the type into production, which IJA historically did not
do. This is also not an option in Simplified Scenarios 122, 124 and 126 (which is just a 1945 test
bed at this time). Simplified scenarios do not have minor aircraft types, and only 10% of the number
of Japanese trainers (since they lack training units, only a few trainers are available for non-training
missions). Although the stock training system never was perfected, tests indicate training units do
train pilots - just not in classes as they should do - rather one or two at a time.

A few logistical changes are included - mainly supplies for some start of game units or locations which
don't have enough - a general problem because of how units were created by whoever created them long ago.

Sid
el cid again

Comprehensive RHS Update 7.20

Post by el cid again »

I found a copy of the Class file (wpc) for strictly historical scenarios (preserved in the future scenario 126 class file) -
ALL strictly historical scenarios share the same files, as do both Japan enhanced scenarios). We simply pick what
class to point at for each ship. I also found an editing tool permitting syncing all ships to the class files in the same
scenario. Using that, I was able to rebuild all the ship records at once for each scenario.

Then I reviewed the ship records in the strictly historical scenarios to discover if any were pointed at records intended tor (and generally labeled) JES ships. In the process, I sometimes found improvements which could be made, some of them in all scenarios. This was a comprehensive review - I checked air groups (if any) associated with a ship record. I checked the dates of the aircraft assigned to each group. I checked the upgrade listing for each group. I checked the weapons and sensors (generically called "Radar" in RHS - see Axis and Allied Radar MS Excel spreadsheets under RHS Documentation).

This comprehensive review builds on the previous device review (which not only developed devices and improved the
replacement rates based on actual data), to insure each class and ship not only has the most appropriate devices, but is
also in sync with the design intent for each scenario,. The term "Strictly Historical Scenarios" was interpreted literally -
so never mind what was possible - if a class variant is not present in history, it is not present in these scenarios either.
Classes, ships, aircraft and air groups were limited to what was done in these scenarios. Other possibilities were restricted to the Japan Enhanced Scenarios - and for both sides. Indeed, JES scenarios include MORE enhancements for the Allies than they do for the Japanese. Just as JES pwhexe.dat files include more and much more extensive construction of roads and railroads than it does Japanese construction. Japan tended to to limit itself to minor projects - connecting useful infrastructure already existing or improving it - rather than major projects. It is the Allies who build major, long distance roads and railroads. RHS map art labels the routes used by all these projects - and shows those not existing at the start as dashed lines.

The bottom line is that the major problems present in the strictly historical files after a rebuild caused by file loss has been
fixed. The last rebuild focused on getting JES files done because of the current test game being built for Mifune and I to use
as a major test (especially of production and technical innovations requiring testing). This rebuild focused on insuring
ALL the other scenarios are similarly reviewed. Along the way, more and more differences were worked in between scenarios.

Simplified scenarios (even numbered 122, 124 and the 1945 device, aircraft and ship test bed 126) keep losing things.
Full RHS versions (odd numbered 121, 123, 125 and 129) continue to diverge - so there are more and more differences between strictly historical full map full war scenarios 121 & 123 when compared with JES scenarios 125 & 129. 125 - MY JES scenario 125 which limits Japan to what it could have changed in the five months between the decision to go to war and the start of operations - and Mifune's JES scenario 129, which assumes (what the Allies assumed in real life) that Japan had planned for war for years - in our case - for ten years. Japan is allowed no more steel or engine horsepower for ships - but it may change exactly what was made using both. Generally, historical Japanese plans or programs standardizing ships were used. This follows the AltWars theory in the main, but is policed by being bounded by economic considerations. Not "that would be cool" so much as "that would be possible if wisdom prevailed" (in the technical sense - real wisdom would honor Yamamoto's statement "a great commander would find a way to avoid the war." - and not try to admit it would be much harder to win than The Short Victorious War (with Russia) on which the dream victories were possible had been based.

The bad news is that the production recommendations file for a Japanese start turn for Scenario 129 was deleted. It must be rebuilt because of all the changes. JES files were not targeted by this update, but many records were improved. Especially those related to conversions between sub-classes of ships and more flexible upgrade options for air groups.
taunpaul

Post by taunpaul »

I'm looking for the China Quiet China or China Quiet Scenario.
taunpaul

Post by taunpaul »

taunpaul

Post by taunpaul »

btd64

Post by btd64 »

taunpaul wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:08 pm I'm looking for the China Quiet China or China Quiet Scenario.
If you just upgrade your game to version 1126, you will see them in the scenario list. Version 1127 doesn't have them as few players play them, so they were replaced with other scenarios....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

btd64 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:02 pm
taunpaul wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:08 pm I'm looking for the China Quiet China or China Quiet Scenario.
If you just upgrade your game to version 1126, you will see them in the scenario list. Version 1127 doesn't have them as few players play them, so they were replaced with other scenarios....GP
One problem at this time, version 1127 was inadvertently shipped with scenario 8 and 9 which are old quiet China scenarios, but they are for the original map and will not work with the updated map.
ham17

Post by ham17 »

I am looking for a polished up Guadalcanal scenario for single player practice and for my first PBEM in the future.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I am also looking for the Battle of Leyte Gulf scenario if there is one.
taunpaul

Post by taunpaul »

Where can I find that upgrade? I tried the upgrade button on the game but it doesn't find one.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”