CAn I win?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

KPAX

CAn I win?

Post by KPAX »

Can I win?

PBEM, 2 day turns, August 1942, I am Allied, PDU on. I am not looking for strategy but looking at the situation has Japan captured enough to feed his production needs so that there is more balance economically.

He captured Hawaii in early Jan 1942, with PH taking a few more months. He sunk all ships there while keeping KB there for weeks. He skipped Philly and those troops were used to invade Hawaii. Singapore was captured in early January with Burma shortly after that. He invaded India in February with a massive force and has captured most of India from Bombay south. Of course, he captured the SRA early. China is a mess. He was rushing to Chungking. But we agreed he must capture all of China before hitting Chungking. He has most of China wrapped up. We have agreed no invasion of OZ, NZ nor WC. Plus, no convoy raiding since everything is pushed so far south. I have all my carriers. Basically, just in a convoy mode and training pilots for the next 6 months until the Hellcats come.

With all these bases captured and the resources+ he has captured, will his economy basically be unstoppable? There is a tremendous amount of production+ capability in India (just what he has captured thus far) and China. Will this feed his overall economy to the point that he is building endless streams of aircraft and such?
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX
btd64

Re: CAn I win?

Post by btd64 »

KPAX wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:19 pm Can I win?

PBEM, 2 day turns, August 1942, I am Allied, PDU on. I am not looking for strategy but looking at the situation has Japan captured enough to feed his production needs so that there is more balance economically.

He captured Hawaii in early Jan 1942, with PH taking a few more months. He sunk all ships there while keeping KB there for weeks. He skipped Philly and those troops were used to invade Hawaii. Singapore was captured in early January with Burma shortly after that. He invaded India in February with a massive force and has captured most of India from Bombay south. Of course, he captured the SRA early. China is a mess. He was rushing to Chungking. But we agreed he must capture all of China before hitting Chungking. He has most of China wrapped up. We have agreed no invasion of OZ, NZ nor WC. Plus, no convoy raiding since everything is pushed so far south. I have all my carriers. Basically, just in a convoy mode and training pilots for the next 6 months until the Hellcats come.

With all these bases captured and the resources+ he has captured, will his economy basically be unstoppable? There is a tremendous amount of production+ capability in India (just what he has captured thus far) and China. Will this feed his overall economy to the point that he is building endless streams of aircraft and such?
WOW. :o :( ....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Maallon

Post by Maallon »

In terms of economy here are some numbers: (can vary depending on the scenario)
With the SRA and large parts of China captured Japan should have roughly 7500-8000 HI. (depending how much was damaged and how much he expanded)
Of which 6000 HI are located in the Home Islands.
In India there is a total of 1430 HI, this would be an increase of 17,8%-19% of his total HI, if captured intact.
This however comes with an important caveat, India produces only a fraction of the amount of fuel needed to keep this HI running. So in order to use this HI, your opponent will need to ship fuel in from somewhere else.

Something that is also important to note: While Japan is capable of producing a large number of aircraft(even without India) at some point the bottleneck becomes pilots and not aircraft. Japan can only train so many pilots, especially if a large number of squadrons is busy with offensive operations.

Can you still win this game? I would say yes.
JanSako

Post by JanSako »

If you can drag him into a war of air attrition, you will wear out his squadrons, remember each can only replace 12 planes/week. So no matter how many planes & pilots are in the pool, if you can make him lose more than he can replace per week, you will start to get ahead. Allies have many more squadrons than Japan.

You must no lose all of India though. (I know, debatable but that is IMO)
Zeckke

Post by Zeckke »

KPAX wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:19 pm Can I win?

A sword you need

Go for Kawaljen¡ inmediatly. island and install there PH, then... Philippines (wacht out Guam)

you will find a midway in the way, you can win by scoring ship sunks
Mock726

Post by Mock726 »

An interesting situation. And one that strains the map and game system.

Since you have ruled out invasions of Australia, NZ and the West Coast I would suggest you also set up an arbitrary stop line for the Japanese forces in India. Ahmedabad to Delhi perhaps, beyond which Japanese ground units cannot move. Leaving the allies with Karachi as a supply source and the rest of Western India as a refuge. The game mechanics for the Allies having to counterattack by invading from the off-map Aden or Mombasa boxes??? No idea how to handle that. Far easier to leave them an on-map space to operate in.

Time for the US to brush off their invading Japan from the Aleutians plans.

Can you win? Yes, but it won't look much like the historical winning position.
JanSako

Post by JanSako »

I would argue that if AUS & NZ are safe from invasion, then go for a push North from Darwin.

Drop a couple of INF divs, some CD units & a bunch of AAA onto a single hex island, park DS next to it until you get forts 2 & a semi-decent airbase & there is no way he can kick you out. Rinse & repeat straight North until you can reach the oilfields with your heavies. Keep your forces concentrated & he will have to come to you.

Oh, & sink every tanker you subs can see, but that is of course the obvious thing to do. You will be in danger of losing via auto-victory unless he messes up big time & let you sink a bunch of valuable ships, but this is by no means a lost game IMO.

Return to “The War Room”