Where the Chrysanthemums Grow - DesertWolf101 (J) vs ITAKLinus (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DesertWolf101

RE: Where the Chrysanthemums Grow - DesertWolf101 (J) vs ITAKLinus (A)

Post by DesertWolf101 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: DesertWolf101
I also have sunk close to 20 submarines while losing only the initial mini submarines launched against Pearl Harbor.

Japanese intel is notorious for overstating the case regarding Allied subs sunk. Unless you depth charge them to the surface, shoot 'em full of holes, see the sailors bailing into the water and the sub go down stern first, you can't rely on ASW reports to that effect.

About the only 'sure thing' for the Japanese re: Allied subs sunk in the first two months of the war is if you hit 'em with several bombs apiece while they were moored at Cavite / "Manila" on turn one.
Sub

Frankly the naval losses intel page, specifically as it relates to enemy losses, is so inaccurate that I almost never even look at it. Instead I confirm enemy ship sinkings directly through combat reports and as later (months later in most cases) confirmed by the always accurate notification in the ops report.
DesertWolf101

Post by DesertWolf101 »

February 5, 1942

Francesco's trapped Chinese army, two hexes northwest of Sian, launched a shock attack in a desperate attempt to break out of its pocket, but to no avail. I am marshalling my forces together for a risky river crossing operation into Sian proper. There is a very large Chinese force there that was previously defeated and thrown back across the river into the city. Nevertheless, it is still a formidable garrison and has been reinforced. I estimate some 1,500 to 2,000 av with four hundred guns is in there now.

Attachments
China Breakout.jpg
China Breakout.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 338 times
DesertWolf101

Post by DesertWolf101 »

FYI, this game is in a holding pattern. To be honest I don't know when it will be revived as Francesco is busy in Haiti and we have only done three turns since he has been there. I did find out recently though that his other game is still ongoing with some 20 turns done in the same timeframe. I guess it's easier to find time for turns when you are pummeling your adversary senseless as he is doing in the other game [:D]
George Patton

Re: Where the Chrysanthemums Grow - DesertWolf101 (J) vs ITAKLinus (A)

Post by George Patton »

But is this game over?
DesertWolf101

Post by DesertWolf101 »

George Patton wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:43 am But is this game over?
I'm afraid I think it is likely over. Francesco originally told me that it took him hours to do each one of our turns since our game required all his focus unlike the ones with his other opponents. I assumed he would eventually want to start up again but last time I talked to him he seemed to be more keen on the idea of us starting a new game so I think he has given up on it. It takes a lot to come back to a losing game so I sympathize.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

DesertWolf101 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:40 am
George Patton wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:43 am But is this game over?
I'm afraid I think it is likely over. Francesco originally told me that it took him hours to do each one of our turns since our game required all his focus unlike the ones with his other opponents. I assumed he would eventually want to start up again but last time I talked to him he seemed to be more keen on the idea of us starting a new game so I think he has given up on it. It takes a lot to come back to a losing game so I sympathize.
A formal surrender would be a good conclusion then. It is not nice leaving one's opponent (and the readers too) hanging for too long in this case, also bad for your chances to get further PBEM opponents here

Return to “After Action Reports”