Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut (A)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AcePylut

RE: Mushrooms over Maizuru: Chickenboy (J) vs. AcePylut (A)

Post by AcePylut »

Ps - we were joking around in email... speaking Engrish.... I told him that I just activated Chicago Pile #1 and achieved a sustained nuclear reaction 6 months ahead of real life.

And that when August '45 rolls around, come hell or high-water, VP be damned, I will be dropping nukes as fast as I get them.

He said the war will be over in July '45, with him sipping tea on the front lawn of the White House. LOL. [:D]
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

Another deliberate attack at Geraldton by the good guys, and his effective AV has dropped to 0. I will keep the pressure on until they all die.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Nice work reacting to the intel and bottling his landing up. Now crush the remains of that infestation! [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

Of course, because I must do things the hard way... I had a SCTF of a couple of CL's and 3-4 DD's get close to Geraldton... right as enemy carriers show up. So of course I lose 2 CL's and get third damaged.

And his subs continue to pick off transports and other ships at a stupidly ridiculous rate, across the board. Doesn't matter what I do. Heck I put 3 xAk and about 10DD's in a tf to rotate some supplies, no matter my ak's still get tagged while my DD's watch. Frustrating.

Well there's a new turn in the box, so I'll run it tonite and see what carnage happens.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Very interesting. Good luck at Geraldton. I'm sure you've thought of this, but in an old AAR I recall the IJA dropped paras and took Kalgoorlie, which meant ground reinforcements had to hike from Adelaide and most aircraft didn't have the range to ferry to other nearby bases by air (i.e. they had to at least be railed in to or through Kalgoorlie).

Cheers,
CB
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

Kalgoorie and Cunderdin both have a number of BF units, AA, and some weak INF units (50AV apiece) that should be more than enough to handle any airdrops. I don't anticipate any because CB doesn't have any bases in range to effectuate a para-drop.

I'm still sitting on 650AV in Perth, behind 6 forts, so that base is secure.

My big fear is that he lands 2-3 divisions at some of those bases south of Perth (like Esperence)... but his time is running out for that. In about 3 days I'll have the 32nd INF Div (and supporting units) unloaded at Melbourne. They will rail over to Kalgoorie and be a theater reserve. When that happens - CB will need to make a major-major effort to take the Perth region and I'd be happy with that if he does.

Today, my Dutchie subs finally got into the region. I launched 6 torps at the Hiryu... and all missed. Another sub launched 4 torps at a CA. All missed. Yet another sub launched 4 torps at a BB. Yes... all missed. Sigh.

But that should strike a little fear into CB... "do you want to keep your capital ships in the area because they're going to eat torps???"... one of these days. I hope. Maybe. Probably not.

On my last deliberate attack, I destroyed 150 IJ squads. This was the first time I killed his squads en masse - before they just became disrupted. So this is good. But today, I rested my troops (2 days of Delib attacks, now I rest them). Tomorrow I re-attack.
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

July 2nd, 1942: Resistance at Geraldton has crumbled quickly. The last two days of deliberate attacks saw hundreds of IJ squads eliminated instead of disabled. One or two more deliberate attacks should remove any resistance. This will net a nice little bag for me... 2 IJ divisions crushed. I'll take it.

I need to update China - it's precarious at the moment. Things in the Pacific have stabilized enough for me to start forward reinforcing in many places.... places like the islands around Tabitueua :)

I'm also building up the bases from Pago Pago to Suva, to start putting pressure on the Japanese from this extremely long end of his supply chain.

I received a couple more reports of units planning for attacks on Ceylon. I'm going to try and rush a couple more divisions into the island very shortly. I figure that, at the earliest, he can invade in 2 weeks.
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

July 3rd - The Japanese at Geraldton have been exterminated.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

2 IJ divisions crushed.

Nice!!!
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

The battle continues, I need help....
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

It's March 5th, 1943. The situation in China is as such: Chunking has 9k AV, has been under siege for 2 months. It holds. Along the Kunming/Paoshan axis, I have 3.7k AV. That's all "China" av, for what it's worth.

Japan @ Chungking, has:

(9) Inf Divisions, (1) Armor Division, (1) Army Reg,(28) mixed arty units, (2) Army HQ, (1) AA Regt.

Attachments
China.jpg
China.jpg (328.9 KiB) Viewed 321 times
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

I've lost (50) DD's, (16) CL's, (4) CA's, (6) BB's, (4) CVE's, (1) CVL.

He's down a CVE, (3) of his (18) CA's, (5) confirmed CL's, (20) DD's.

I'm in force at the Gilbert Islands. Have been weakly assaulting Attu Island in the NP. Ready to go after Darwin in Oz. No idea what to do in India/Burma. Nothing going on around Nomuea. Pics to follow.

The game with ChickenBoy has been very pleasant. In fact, my work took me his town, and we got to meet and have dinner. Very nice guy!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Push/Pull supplies through to China. Chungking will fall unless you can relieve it. Can you send supplies there by 4E bombers without losing too much?

With his KB intact, you can't force too much. When you see the KB in force, move elsewhere around the perimeter. Have multiple options available with units prepped for them.

If you hold Western Australia, can you build up airbases so you can move 4E in and out to bomb the oil? Don't bother with refineries, just the oil. Any HI/LI is also good.

Train lots of pilots if you have not done so. As Allies, you don't need the experts in Tracom but in training squadrons raising the overall average so the pilots who need training will train faster.

If you have not done so, upgrade all units to the new squads. Stockpile squads if you have to. China should have enough squads you just have to get a place to upgrade them if you have not done so.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

Thanks, I can't do much in the DEI yet, I've got Exmouth in NW Oz, took Port Hedland but it's under constant bombardment. I have many units moving up the dirt part to Perth. Pics to come...later. Been training piltos like mad, all front line squads are 75exp+.
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

The Aleuts: Attu has been under siege for about 4 months. The escalation started from one measly SNFL to one US Rgt, to about 2 divs worth of steady reinforcement. I'm fine with it - fine with using this as a place to draw him forward, as I - now - have more bases in the area.

Attachments
Aleuts.jpg
Aleuts.jpg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 321 times
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

The Gilberts are well built and ready as the springboard... I failed to invade Tarawa 1 month ago, lost 1/2 a div.

Attachments
Gilblerts.jpg
Gilblerts.jpg (156.49 KiB) Viewed 321 times
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

IN Oz, except for what is "on" Daly Waters and the road south... the units are armor that have silently penetrated deep.

Attachments
Oz.jpg
Oz.jpg (683.9 KiB) Viewed 321 times
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

The Gilberts are well built and ready as the springboard... I failed to invade Tarawa 1 month ago, lost 1/2 a div.

If you don't need any of those bases, then they are a "live fire practice range!"

In reality, even the Japanese gardens were napalmed. Before the official surrender, some small garrisons hoisted white flags.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

The All-Important-Strategic-Overview:

Attachments
StrategicOverview.jpg
StrategicOverview.jpg (139.94 KiB) Viewed 321 times
AcePylut

Post by AcePylut »

VP's:

Japan: 35000
US: 11000

Return to “After Action Reports”