SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

macnab

RE: SeaBee Alpha - WitP:AE Install & Configuration Application

Post by macnab »

Yes install Pac War first before Seebee, I put single core and unticked Beta , and used the rest of what was set, if you dont untick Beta and your version is later then you get a short cut that doesn't look like pac war and doesn't work, if you already have a shortcut from initial install it makes a separate one or you can ditch the original shortcut
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Okay got WitP-AE installed shows version 1.01.26 (from the patch up at Matrix) this says July 2016 and assuming that is the most recent version.

Not sure what the beta version is.

Seabee is pretty helpful with the hover overs. I am just accepting most of the defaults and will see what happens.

Many thanks.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Well that was weird.

Launching the shortcut that SeaBee built switched my screen resultion to 600x480 and I could see some of my desktop icons are very large icons and then I heard the sound of the video but that is it, no game interface nothing but my enlarged desktop.

I then alt-tab out to type this.

I am going to try the non SeaBee shortcut and see what happens.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

So I launched the default game short cut and that at least worked, kinda.

After the video played I could see what looks to be the game interface, but it's like super huge! You don't even see all the game interface.

So my problem maybe that I have too modern of a computer to even run WitP-AE.

I have a 4k monitor and I have switchd out the default screen resolution settings from 5120 x 2880 to something that works pretty well for War in the East, War in the West, and Warplan and that is setting the screen resolution to 3840 x 2160.

For the Operational Art of War I have had to set the screen resolution to 2880 x 1800 and tweak the fonts.ini for that game to work. All the fonts were way to small to read on a 4k monitor.

This is the opposite, the game seems to want to run in 640 x 480 and I can only see one corner of the game interface.

The only other game that does this on this machine is Steel Panthers World at War.

Too bad wanted to putz around with this but seems like a no go on a modern machine...
Arnica

Post by Arnica »

Thanks very much
I'm french, You have saved me with your application
My game run very fast and good Under Windows 10
Profender

Post by Profender »

Greetings,

Great program, only have a problem it loads the default map for some reason, while I replaced the files with a alternative map.
No idea what is causing this, any help would be very great
Podolano

Post by Podolano »

Korvar,

Let me tell you...you’ve saved my life (and my will to continue playing WITPAE)!

I was getting frustrated with the game taking so long each turn (playing scen 1 The Full Campaign as the Allied vs Jap AI) with the turtle-like scroll rates and then...all of a sudden...I’ve downloaded SeaBees and voilá!
The game now flies and I even had to chose a 1 sec delay on scrolling to slow it down a bit!
The turns are also being processed much faster.

Many many thanks!
Congrats on the great work here!

[&o]
don4679

Post by don4679 »

I have just returned to this great game. It was as slow as molasses. Then I found your great app.Thank you,thank you,thank you for giving us this gift. DonR
chicago227

Post by chicago227 »

I cant get past the user agreement, nothing happens when I click "Agree"
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Does it have permission to make changes to your hard drive? You may have to run it with as an Administrator.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

I would really like to play this game. However, I cannot get the resolution to work, even with the SeaBee app. I've tried every possible combo and recommendation. I have a nice rig and I can get all other games to operate with good resolution. Granted, I'm not a tech wiz. I prefer counters and hexes. But if you can fix my issues, you will be my war hero.
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

ORIGINAL: grognardgames

I would really like to play this game. However, I cannot get the resolution to work, even with the SeaBee app. I've tried every possible combo and recommendation. I have a nice rig and I can get all other games to operate with good resolution. Granted, I'm not a tech wiz. I prefer counters and hexes. But if you can fix my issues, you will be my war hero.

Please post the full command line and switches you are using here as they are written in your game shortcut. The resolution switches are very easy to implement and pretty much fool proof. What's your rig and monitor resolution?
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

Thanks for the quick response. I've got a monitor that runs 2560x1440. I've set up the SeaBee app according to the various guides. I've even tried my own settings within the Seabee app but nothing changes. The resolution is always such that all the fonts and boxes are too big or have green covering them which makes them hard to read or see. I took a SS but it won't load here for some reason.

Here is the setting I've tried most recently:

SingleCpuStart
CPU1
deepColor
dd_sw
multiaudio
wd
Force resolution: Yes
2550x1440
altFont
skipVideo
Beta release: No

Again, I've gone down the line on resolution, but nothing changes. I'm probably dumb, I realize this...

Edit: The program won't even go into windowed mode, always FS.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

You do have the - in front of those switches, right?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

OK, I may be unclear on the Seabee app then. I was under the assumption that the Seabee app took care of all the crazy switching for you. Am I incorrect? Is there a step I must take that I am missing?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

The SeaBee app does it for you. I haven't used it myself, I just commented because when you typed out your switches I didn't see the dash in front....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

OK, good. At least it should work. Thanks for the input.
grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

Hi there. I posted them below. I am using the Seabee app, but nothing works. Wondering if there is a setting in W10 that I am unaware of.
Anachro

Post by Anachro »

I don't use seabee so I can't help you there; what I can do is help you manually setting up the switches with the options you chose above.

For you the settings would be "YOUR FILE LOCATION\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -multiaudio -deepColor -px2560 -py1440 -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -cpu1 -dd_sw -wd

and so on and so forth for whatever switches you want. Also, I'd definitely recommend installing the beta; it's pretty easy and painless to do.
"Now excuse me while I go polish my balls ..." - BBfanboy
grognardgames

Post by grognardgames »

[quote]ORIGINAL: Anachro

I don't use seabee so I can't help you there; what I can do is help you manually setting up the switches with the options you chose above.

Thanks for the detailed response! I will give this a shot later today and let you know my levels of success. I've done this dance before entering the switches manually but couldn't get it to work.

Cheers!

Return to “Tech Support”