XT or C

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Uhionk

XT or C

Post by Uhionk »

Does having a bomb on XT rather than C hsve an impact on accuracy?

I ask as i noticed that Dauntless have the 1000lb on C then in later versions XT then back to C again.
btd64

Re: XT or C

Post by btd64 »

XT is external hard points under each wing.
C is center line under the body of the aircraft.

WW2 bombs are mostly dumb bombs. So accurately dropping them is tough....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Not sure what the OP is looking at here. If it is the Aircraft Data in the Air Unit screen, XT means external tank (extra fuel) and often is an alternative to carrying bombs because it occupies the hard point that the bomb attaches to. The point is that range may require that no bombs or torpedoes are carried. Whether attached centerline or on the wings does not matter in that situation. And if you see the abbreviation 'I' on a bomber data page, that would mean 'Internal' - in the bomb bay.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Uhionk

Post by Uhionk »

It seems that XT is External Mount and not referring to extra fuel. Fighters carrying 2 bombs (A-36) are XT, whereas 1 bomb (P-40E) is C, implying XT is referencing wing mounts.

In regard to the Dauntless 3, the full load is 1000lb XT mounted, with reduced load being 500lb C. Since I believe C mounted MG offer an accuracy advantage I was asking if the same applies to bombs. Also note the Dauntless 3 does not have drop tanks.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”