Maebashi

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Honus

Maebashi

Post by Honus »

How does one get supply to accumulate in Maebashi? Turning on the stockpile option doesn't seem to have any effect. Having 50k supply adjacent in Tokyo doesn't seem to matter either. Are the aircraft factories there producing anything?
RADM.Yamaguchi

Re: Maebashi

Post by RADM.Yamaguchi »

set the supplies required button to 7,000 by hitting the right hand arrow next to it and supply will accumulate enough to build or repair anything
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

RADM.Yamaguchi wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:23 pm set the supplies required button to 7,000 by hitting the right hand arrow next to it and supply will accumulate enough to build or repair anything
I'd do the same. I like to count how many R&D factories there are due in 2 years and add 1K. 6 here so 7K but you may need to reduce it later.
Honus

Post by Honus »

RADM.Yamaguchi wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:23 pm set the supplies required button to 7,000 by hitting the right hand arrow next to it and supply will accumulate enough to build or repair anything
As noted in the original post, I have attempted to stockpile supply with no effect. I am using the 26b version.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

How much supply does Maebashi need now? If it needs i.e 300 supply , it will attract 1000 supply and then stop. Manipulate the supply spinner to up your supply required to 4000 supply, then Maebashi will attract about 12k supply etc. If you choose to stockpile supply, the base tries to stockpile the incoming supply, which will be very small (increments of 1-10 supply probably) based on Meabashi meagre supply needs. You need to up supply required value to see big supply movement into Maebashi.

Tokyo on its won accumulates all supply surplus in Home Islands. If, in your game, Tokyo is set to stockpile supply, no supply will leave Tokyo to Maebashi then. Disable stockpiling in Tokoy and Maebashi should receive supply from Tokyo afterwards.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

For a small base (or just a dot - no base at all) a massive draw in Tokyo will prevent any supply accumulation in Maebashi. But it will send the required amount of supply to Maebashi each turn to operate factories. Trying to repair factories? Then build the base so that it can accumulate supply using the supply draw button.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Honus

Post by Honus »

I appreciate the tips, sadly none of them appear to matter (as they represent what I have been doing). I am not stockpiling supply in Tokyo. It is good to know that at least the factories will get enough supply to operate, but no expansion I guess. Interestingly, Gifu was in a similar situation and now has had adequate supply for several weeks. I didn't do anything different there.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

You can't send a TF there nor would transports do enough to help out. My suggestion is to bring a unit with engineers there anyway and expand the airfield which will be needed later but also build forts there to level 9 since that will also help the air units plus the number of barrage balloons.

Otherwise, what turn is it? It might take up to one week for the supplies to flow there.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Here is a thread that might be useful.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 9#p2736079

― Julia Child

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Honus wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:20 pm
As noted in the original post, I have attempted to stockpile supply with no effect. I am using the 26b version.
Stockpiling does't work that way, all it's doing is preventing a base from distributing it's supply elsewhere, you need to pull more supply in. Nothing happens instantaneously, it can take a number of turns for the effects of an increase to be seen. The other problem is Honshu is a large island with massive supply requirements but with, considering it's size, limited supply with each base on the island is competing for supply. One increase here mean less for somewhere else.

If you have enough supply you can turn stockpile on but then you need to reduce how much you pull in or the base will now end up with all the supply.

If you just increase supply at Gifu and Maebashi and do nothing else on the first turn you will see supply increase.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Are you generating enough supply? Have you brought additional resources and fuel/oil to keep LI and HI producing? Have you expanded the industry, production, and bases absorbing excess supply? You have to look at the total picture, if there is not enough supply on the island, certain areas will have a shortfall.
tolsdorff

Post by tolsdorff »

Honus wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:44 pm How does one get supply to accumulate in Maebashi? Turning on the stockpile option doesn't seem to have any effect. Having 50k supply adjacent in Tokyo doesn't seem to matter either. Are the aircraft factories there producing anything?
I have the exact same issue. No matter the stockpile settings, the supplies present in Maebashi and Gifu always seem to gravitate towards lower than 10.000.
In my current game both Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo have over 2.000.000 supplies, Both Maebashi and Gifu are set to max Supply stockpile and yet both bases are being slowly but constantly drained of supplies.

I don't know how the algorithm works that moves supplies around.
My guess(!) is that the supply-drainage has to do with factory repair.
I changed quite a lot of R&D settings and both Maebashi and Gifu needed to repair a lot of AIr R&D, Engine and Air factories. Gifu has only one factory remaining that needs repairing and the supply drainage seems to have stopped there.

My advice (also to myself for future games) : As the system apparently has some problems getting supplies to these bases, try to plan your R&D, Engine and Air factories in such a way that it minimizes the need for Factory repair in Maebashi and Gifu. It seems to solve the problem for me in the case of Gifu anyway.
Nou nou, gaat het wel helemaal lekker met je -- Kenny Sulletje
The broken record - Chris
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

If nothing works, you could:

a) put a command HQ in Gifu or Maebashi. The HQ should hoard 20k supplies at all times in either Gifu or Maebashi
b) fly air transport missions form Tokyo to Maebashi or Gifu with supply. You just need to have adequate aviation support in Maebashi/Gifu to avoid op losses.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

tolsdorff wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:47 am
Honus wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:44 pm How does one get supply to accumulate in Maebashi? Turning on the stockpile option doesn't seem to have any effect. Having 50k supply adjacent in Tokyo doesn't seem to matter either. Are the aircraft factories there producing anything?
I have the exact same issue. No matter the stockpile settings, the supplies present in Maebashi and Gifu always seem to gravitate towards lower than 10.000.
In my current game both Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo have over 2.000.000 supplies, Both Maebashi and Gifu are set to max Supply stockpile and yet both bases are being slowly but constantly drained of supplies.

I don't know how the algorithm works that moves supplies around.
My guess(!) is that the supply-drainage has to do with factory repair.
I changed quite a lot of R&D settings and both Maebashi and Gifu needed to repair a lot of AIr R&D, Engine and Air factories. Gifu has only one factory remaining that needs repairing and the supply drainage seems to have stopped there.

My advice (also to myself for future games) : As the system apparently has some problems getting supplies to these bases, try to plan your R&D, Engine and Air factories in such a way that it minimizes the need for Factory repair in Maebashi and Gifu. It seems to solve the problem for me in the case of Gifu anyway.
I'll say again, stockpiling doesn't work that way. Stockpiling prevents the base from moving whatever supply it has somewhere else, or from the other approach somewhere else drawing supply from it. You need to pull supply in by requesting more.

Why is it supply drainage? That implies your wasting it when your not, your building much needed factories. Gifu has 12 factories that you need to expand at game start if you do then they will all use supply repairing, that's 12K extra you need if your lucky with rolls. It'll never happen for a number of reasons, repairing a/c factories is random and the further away in time the factory is due the worse the chances are which mean anything over 2 years is not going to repair very quickly. At Gufu there are 4 a/c factories under two year, add the two engine factories thats 6K is need at most IF die rolls go your way. Then you have to consider anything based there.

It is a juggling act, you need to balance supply request, stockpiling and building. Not expanding to quickly helps as as does what Yaab said.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

The supplies are being used to repair the factories, 1k supplies per single unit of repaired factory. So the supplies are not disappearing, they are being used and may not always be replenished before you see the reduction in the supplies at the base.

― Julia Child

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Strange .. no problems with these cities here.. just make sure to set it at least at 20k supplies! :idea:

Cause esp. when many eng facs to repair which cost 1k each step plus lots of air facs then it is possible that even over 5-6k supply each turn is used up there. I generally aim at 20k - 25k for such cities w/ many facs. Only when most are build up I will set it lower or disable the reserve totally. ;)

Btw, it may alos help to build up the AF and/or fort there, Maebasi has 4 AF and 4 forts I do not know the starting number. This said, ofc as other stated you need to have enough SUP at Honshu in the "big picture" if you generally lack SUP then ofc there is not enough to distribute to cities to build indus there (50k SUp in Tokio is way too low for example) :evil: I have a million or so there (depends on time ofc)
Last edited by Alpha77 on Mon May 29, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

As someone mentioned earlier, you have to 'prime the pump' by creating a demand at Maebashi that will put enough supply (10K+) there to do the first repair of a factory. Since the demand algorithm averages requirements over several days you may need to repair a factory every day for several days to get the demand algorithm to routinely send enough replacement supply there. Someone also mentioned sending an HQ with 20K supply to the base to get it started. I agree with this. Once the daily demand is established the HQ can go wherever it is needed.

Like the OP, I also had trouble getting enough supply to Maebashi to start repairs because so many other bases were trying to build over 10K supplies at the same time and Maebashi was a dot base. Setting the supply draw alone did not help. I put a bunch of units in there to draw supply and build the air base. Once it got to level 2 it had enough draw to start repairs to factories.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
tolsdorff

Post by tolsdorff »

Rangerjoe is right of course. It is indeed supply usage and not drainage. That much I understand, every factory point repaired costs 1.000 supply.
Some of the mechanisms suggested for keeping up the supply are working as well.

In the end there is a difference between expectation and reality:

- If supply in Gifu is 50.000, AF level is 5,the stockpile is set to 25.000+. (the same for Maebashi except AF level is 4)
- if supply in Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo is +- 2.000.000
Then the expectation is that the system has more than enough information and supplies for complete automation, i.e. keep the supply level at 50.000 at Gifu.
However the reality is that extra manual measures are necessary to keep that supply level at 50.000: An additional HQ with supplies, air supply etc. Without these measures within 4 weeks the supplies will have dropped to < 10.000.

It seems counter-intuitive to what has been ordered.

Anyway, with these extra measures it isn't a problem.
Last edited by tolsdorff on Tue May 30, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

tolsdorff wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:46 pm
Chris21wen wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:09 am ........

I'll say again, stockpiling doesn't work that way. Stockpiling prevents the base from moving whatever supply it has somewhere else, or from the other approach somewhere else drawing supply from it. You need to pull supply in by requesting more.

Why is it supply drainage? That implies your wasting it when your not, your building much needed factories. Gifu has 12 factories that you need to expand at game start if you do then they will all use supply repairing, that's 12K extra you need if your lucky with rolls. It'll never happen for a number of reasons, repairing a/c factories is random and the further away in time the factory is due the worse the chances are which mean anything over 2 years is not going to repair very quickly. At Gufu there are 4 a/c factories under two year, add the two engine factories thats 6K is need at most IF die rolls go your way. Then you have to consider anything based there.

It is a juggling act, you need to balance supply request, stockpiling and building. Not expanding to quickly helps as as does what Yaab said.
You and others are right of course. It is indeed supply usage and not drainage. That much I understand, every factory point repaired costs 1.000 supply.
Some of the mechanisms suggested for keeping up the supply are working as well.

In the end there is a difference between expectation and reality:

- If supply in Gifu is 50.000, AF level is 5,the stockpile is set to 25.000+. (the same for Maebashi except AF level is 4)
- if supply in Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo is +- 2.000.000
Then the expectation is that the system has more than enough information and supplies for complete automation, i.e. keep the supply level at 50.000 at Gifu.
However the reality is that extra manual measures are necessary to keep that supply level at 50.000: An additional HQ with supplies, air supply etc. Without these measures within 4 weeks the supplies will have dropped to < 10.000.

It seems counter-intuitive to what has been ordered.

Anyway, with these extra measures it isn't a problem.
Except that with the process explained in "Logistics 101" by Alfred, those supplies that were used will (if available) be replenished before the 4 weeks are finished.

&#8213; Julia Child

tolsdorff

Post by tolsdorff »

RangerJoe wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:19 am ..
Except that with the process explained in "Logistics 101" by Alfred, those supplies that were used will (if available) be replenished before the 4 weeks are finished.
ok thanks

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”