Skirmishers

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
Admiral Delabroglio

Skirmishers

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello

After getting the card "skirmishers", I tried to use it on allied troops.
No Way.
It seems that only French troops can be trained into skirmishers. The manual states "Regular Infantry Units" but the game gives a "Faux Pas" warning with the message that only French regular infantry can be upgraded.

Giving the skirmisher ability to a German or an Italian unit that might turn against the French is probably a bad idea, but as far as I know of, the Polish ones stay faithful to France.

But foresight excluded, is there a rationale behind limiting the skirmishers to French units ? IIRC, the allied artillery units can be turned into horse artillery.

Best regards
Admiral Delabroglio
mercenarius

RE: Skirmishers

Post by mercenarius »

Well, this is a good question! I would say that the player should be allowed to apply the skirmisher upgrade to allied infantry units. I will ask Glenn Drover about it. I think that he will concur. I don't know how soon it will appear in the game. I do want to do a further update of the game at some point. I am not sure how soon that will be.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”