Unplayable slow performance on 1.1.09

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

MettikSvetik

Unplayable slow performance on 1.1.09

Post by MettikSvetik »

Hello,

I am having very poor performance issues with some scenarios with time between hexes moved up to 30+ seconds or more.
I am using Razer to free up memory and I have the game patched to the most up to date file available through the Matrix Games website.
My system is an Alienware r3 17 with substantially improved RAM over what it comes with and added flash memory (SSD) that the game is installed on. I don't remember the specifics, and it is admittedly no longer a new laptop, but it is a dedicated gaming machine that comfortably handles titles like Total War Warhammer II, Doom Eternal, and Mechwarrior 5/Online. I highly doubt my problem is because of a lack of hardware resources.

I have seen many old threads here describing the exact issue I am having, specifically in connection with the Kursk Expansion CG (Prokhorovka). I see that several of the users managed to resolve the issue with a patch or special shortcut.
....the only resources I see available on Matrix are the most recent patch, which I am already updated to.

Please advise. Being able to play something so similar to Squad Leader against AI is just a dream come true and I really wish I could finish the larger (awesome) scenarios. The smaller scenarios work fine with hardly noticeable pauses.
Peter Fisla

Re: Unplayable slow performance on 1.1.09

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi,

First, install the game, then install update 5 from the game update and then apply beta patch 1.1.21 attached here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 5&t=326327

I hope that helps
MettikSvetik

Post by MettikSvetik »

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have attempted to follow the directions you provided but am apparently doing something wrong.
I downloaded the setup from Matrix Games and re-installed it.
After that I launched the update feature from the autorun screen.
When I tried to run the patch (1.1.21) on it I got the following error message:
'The code execution cannot proceed because audiere.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem'

I would hazard a guess that the update being applied from the autorun screen isn't Update 5. I saw some text while it was downloading that seemed to refer to Update 3 (take that for what it's worth).
I don't know if there is somewhere else that I can get Update 5. Matrix Games only provides a link to the patch 1.1.09...as does the launch

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Thank you for your patience.
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

The update 5 is the be the latest official update; I would recommend you contact matrix games for support. Once the game gets updated with Update 5 then you manually just replace the executable in the game directory with the executable provided in the zip package of 1.1.21.
MettikSvetik

Post by MettikSvetik »

Thank you for your explanation.
I was missing the part about replacing the executable.
I have gotten the game to work now.

Very much appreciate your help and this awesome game.

Best regards

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”