Re: Willie ( Axis ) plays Larry ( Soviets ) in FITE2 contest

Post by loveman2 »

The battle for Lvov.
BATTLE FOR LVOV.jpg
BATTLE FOR LVOV.jpg (1017.18 KiB) Viewed 487 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I have just received Willie's T2 moves file and I've posted it here below in case you guys wanted to watch Willie's T2 moves. My password is 't' without the quotes. In the Beta testing team we were to use the password 'test' but 't' works just fine for me here. Willie did a lot of mop up and clearing of hexes and made a lot of progress in his push.
Attachments
FITE2 ULTIMATE LARRY TURN 2.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

The bloodiest land battle in history has began. 3 million German troops are on the move east.

The Russian air force has been well eradicated for now and the Luftwaffe have command of the skies.

The German plan is for 3 vast army groups to seek out and destroy the Russians within 4 months, they have no fear, they will win the war against Russia.
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

ARMY GROUP NORTH
ARMY GROUP NORTH.jpg
ARMY GROUP NORTH.jpg (923.12 KiB) Viewed 414 times
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

ARMY GROUP CENTRE
BIALYSTOCK POCKET REDUCED.jpg
BIALYSTOCK POCKET REDUCED.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 413 times
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

ARMY GROUP SOUTH
ARMY GROUP SOUTH.jpg
ARMY GROUP SOUTH.jpg (996.38 KiB) Viewed 412 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's now T3 and I'm watching Willie's playback and this is a view of the situation down south near the mountains and you can see how I went overboard in droppping the bridges to thwart the Axis forces. Willie has put most of his aircraft on INT missions and I know that because at the end of the T2 playback there were about 30 INT airstrikes. I expect at least that many at the end of T3's playback. Willie is clearing out the terrrain of enemy units very methologically, painstakingly and more and more Soviet units are being destroyed. I've already started receiving lots of reinforcements which is a good thing but most of the units being received are cherry red in health and very low on supplies. So most of them need a turn or two of rest and refit before I can use them in combat.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (751.6 KiB) Viewed 402 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 and I'm still watching Willie's playback and this is a view of the situation down south NE of Kiev right now. Kiev itself is just offmap to the south. Although there are numerous Axis units that aren't visible in this image, trust me, Willie has his units spread out in an unbroken wave of units all pushing to the east. I've been breaking bridges behind me but that doesn't seem to slow down the Axis units all that much. And Willie has his engineers busy fixing all the blown bridges, almost never before his units have already crossed over it and are still moving forward. Willie seems to be in a rush, in a great hurry for some reason.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (772.74 KiB) Viewed 400 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 and this is what's going on near Riga right now. Willie's troops crossed the river somehow somewhere and now he's surrounding my Riga defenders. I still own a functional port so I CAN evacuate some of the units to save them but I'm thinking that the rest of them are doomed. I'm thinking of moving all my nearby naval units to the port just for the support they may provide. The problem with that is that will bring them within range of Axis arty. And I'd rather not lose any of them just yet. Willie has complete aerial superiority because of the astonishing losses I've received to my air force. It's going to take lots of turns to replace all those losses and get them filled in to full strength again.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (694.12 KiB) Viewed 395 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 round 1 and this is what's going on near Minsk right now. Willie's troops have now reached the Minsk area and I expect my defenders to get surrounded and destroyed within the space of about two turns or so. To prevent that I need to pull back as many units as I can to save them giving up the city. I'm wondering if I still have enough time to evacuate the factory there. I don't see any blown bridges to the west of my units and that's a failure on my part. I need to be more cognizent of the bridges my units cross. I haven't moved anybody yet in this image because I'm looking things over before I commit to some kind of plan. These early turns will see me pulling people back to the east ASAP, blowing bridges, and trying to form some kind of front line somewhere.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (790.89 KiB) Viewed 393 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 round 1 and I've been moving units and I'm about 20% done. Here's a zoomed out view of what's going on in the north. Willie's pushing east and I'm despratedly trying to form a proper front line somewhere in his path. Also dropping bridges while pulling back to the east. I'm trying to run away from the front edge of his push and when I arrive at a good place for a roadblock or a strongpoint I build one there. Willie's doing really really well.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (919.45 KiB) Viewed 388 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 round 1 and I've been looking into moving some of the factories and I've got enough rail cap to move maybe one of them per turn because of the stupendous cost of rail cap to move them, ( 3000 ). I'm busy moving reinforcements to the front lines with what rail cap there is ( 10K ). This means that the factory at Minsk will probably get captured by the Axis dudes. I'm wondering if I should disband it? Anybody got any heartburn at that idea?
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (411.36 KiB) Viewed 365 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 round 1 and I'm at the point where I move the aircraft to better positions and even though all of them are green except for a handful of them I'm waiting for the air shock value to climb a little higher so my planes won't have one hand tied behind their backs.

Here's a list of the recent reinforcements and as you can see the greatest majority of them are cherry red, half a dozen of them are yellow and none of them are green. Most of them I just dug them in on a rail line close to where I find them. Preferably in an urban hex. These guys are going to need a turn or two before they'll be ready for full time combat. It would be criminal to thrust them into the fight as they are right now.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (663.64 KiB) Viewed 364 times
larryfulkerson

My new Avatar is the baby jesus butt plug

Post by larryfulkerson »

I asked chatGPT "What picture can you produce to summerize donald trump's future?" And this was the result:
trump in jail.jpg
trump in jail.jpg (47.81 KiB) Viewed 339 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I just heard a blonde joke I need to share with somebody.

Chicago city council voted to hold a "Blonde Woman" convention ( for whatever reason ) and they advertised it and about a month later the convention was held in Chicago's small coliseum and about 1,000 women showed up. Part of the entertainment was a contest. A volunteer was chosen at random from the audience and her task was to answer two math simple questions. There was an announcer person ( of course a blonde ) holding a microphone and she asked: "If I had three apples and I gave one to my horse for lunch how many apples would I have left?" and Sheri ( let's call her Sheri ) answered right away "You'd still have three because I don't own a horse." And the crowd started chanting "Give her another chance, give her another chance." So the announcer lady said "Okay, second question. What is 25 divided by 5?" and Shei said "4?" and the crowd started chanting again "give her another chance, give her another chance" so the announcer lady said "Okay, one more chance. What is 3 plus 3?" and Sheri said "6" and the crowd started chanting "give her another chance, give her another chance."
b-29.jpg
b-29.jpg (260.11 KiB) Viewed 299 times
Cpl GAC

Post by Cpl GAC »

Larry - I like your map graphics - can you send me the download link or the files, please - especially the city ones.

I'll trade for this; Mrs. Jones stands up in Church during the prayers of intercession and says "I'd like everyone to pray for my husband, he just had an operation on his scrotum. The doctor said it now looks to be okay, they had to break it open, and it was difficult using all the instruments, but it's better now."

Gasps go up and gazes are lowered and people blush. The Pastor gathers himself and embarrassed says"Thank you, uh.. Mrs. Jones, ...um, anyone else?"

The gentleman next to Mrs Jones stands and says "I'm Mr. Jones. I'd like everyone to know my wife meant my sternum."
If you're STILL making Panzer IIs after seeing your first T-34... you're probably going to lose.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm posting two files. One from the graphics override for this scenario and one from the graphics directory. You can find them here:
https://filebin.net/691d36092c1j61ng

If you have any troubles I'm at larryfulkerson2(at)gmail(dot)com
bungie jumping jesus.jpg
bungie jumping jesus.jpg (69.69 KiB) Viewed 251 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's still T3 round 1 and I've been moving units and all the Soviet units in this image are pulling back to the south and east and blowing bridges behind them. I'm hoping that this will slow down the Axis units in their push. I'm pretty sure it will stiffle Axis supply flow as well.
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (597.4 KiB) Viewed 240 times
loveman2

Post by loveman2 »

Army group north battles for Riga
Screenshot (214).jpg
Screenshot (214).jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 220 times