Lime green map

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
broccolini

Lime green map

Post by broccolini »

Is there a solution for maps loading in lime green?
1.PNG
1.PNG (2.87 MiB) Viewed 280 times
Cpl GAC

Re: Lime green map

Post by Cpl GAC »

broccolini wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:50 pm Is there a solution for maps loading in lime green?
1.PNG
Plenty of choices - check the Mods threads. I like my maps to look more mappy than real and mod the mods.
If you're STILL making Panzer IIs after seeing your first T-34... you're probably going to lose.
Cpl GAC

Post by Cpl GAC »

Here - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10666

FYI - Zovs and Telumar have done terrific work modding maps. I apologize for not knowing to whom to credit but someone made broken rail hexes transparent purple in zoom-out to quickly assess the situation.
If you're STILL making Panzer IIs after seeing your first T-34... you're probably going to lose.
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

The lime green is a glitch. The map is not intended to look that way. But if I cant figure out how to stop it from happening I can try modding it I guess. I prefer the stock map though.
Thanks for the input.
JB007

Post by JB007 »

Hi everyone, this lime green problem is due to a recent Windows and Bios update. I haven't yet found any evidence on how to resolve the problem.
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

JB007 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm Hi everyone, this lime green problem is due to a recent Windows and Bios update. I haven't yet found any evidence on how to resolve the problem.
Dang.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Maybe switch to Classic TOAW Graphics?
JB007 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:47 pm Hi everyone, this lime green problem is due to a recent Windows and Bios update. I haven't yet found any evidence on how to resolve the problem.
Thanks for this important information!

To me it appears more like a broccoli green, as lime green is a bit more vibrant.
Attachments
broccoli-limeA.jpg
broccoli-limeA.jpg (209.86 KiB) Viewed 169 times
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

sPzAbt653 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:09 pm Maybe switch to Classic TOAW Graphics?

To me it appears more like a broccoli green, as lime green is a bit more vibrant.

How can you switch to classic TOAW graphics? Use TOAW 3?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Cpl GAC wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:13 pm Here - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10666

FYI - Zovs and Telumar have done terrific work modding maps. I apologize for not knowing to whom to credit but someone made broken rail hexes transparent purple in zoom-out to quickly assess the situation.
Here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3#p5136383

Thanks to remind me this is unfinished business. :D
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Strangely enough, I don't have this problem. Is it the stock map?
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

How can you switch to classic TOAW graphics? Use TOAW 3?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... s#p4748440
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

ncc1701e wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:20 am
Strangely enough, I don't have this problem. Is it the stock map?
For the most part. I have the mod that makes broken rail stand out better. I think that's it. It only happens on a few maps. Not all of them.
Trying to revert to classic graphics didn't work. I would have to revert windows to an earlier version to do it and I don't want to do that.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Trying to revert to classic graphics didn't work. I would have to revert windows to an earlier version to do it and I don't want to do that.
I wasn't aware of that :shock: Which version do you use?
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

This is what pops up when I click on classic toaw graphics. I have windows 10.
1.PNG
1.PNG (6 KiB) Viewed 85 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Did you try hitting 'OK' and following the process? [I did not because I am not sure how I went about using the original graphics, and I didn't want to possibly undo it].
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

No, I don't think so. This programs base code goes back to the 90's. I don't want weird things to start happening. I just won't play the maps that come up green. There is only a few.
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

sPzAbt653 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 am Did you try hitting 'OK' and following the process? [I did not because I am not sure how I went about using the original graphics, and I didn't want to possibly undo it].

If a person wants to be creative, the color/saturation of the three “tiles_misc.png” files can be adjusted and placed in the appropriate Graphics Override folders. It would take a bit of experimentation, but it can be done.

Regards
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
broccolini

Post by broccolini »

rhinobones wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:59 pm
sPzAbt653 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:04 am Did you try hitting 'OK' and following the process? [I did not because I am not sure how I went about using the original graphics, and I didn't want to possibly undo it].

If a person wants to be creative, the color/saturation of the three “tiles_misc.png” files can be adjusted and placed in the appropriate Graphics Override folders. It would take a bit of experimentation, but it can be done.

Regards
The green color is not the tile color in the graphics folder. It's being rendered on screen in a different shade for some reason. Its worth a try I guess to change the file color but it will still probably be rendered on screen differently.

Return to “Tech Support”