Italian invasion of Greece 1940

Post new mods and scenarios here
larryfulkerson

Italian invasion of Greece 1940

Post by larryfulkerson »

I found this at Rugged Defense and saved it in the editor. Somebody needs to playtest this bad boy.
Attachments
Italianin..ece1940.zip
(264.13 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Messe28

Re: Italian invasion of Greece 1940

Post by Messe28 »

Good evening, I am noticing that in a couple of Scenarios in which is involved Italy (also this one) it appears the flag of Mexico. Is that a mistake or it is a wrong setting in my PC? Thank you.
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

It was a mistake. I opened the scenario in the editor, changed the flag from Mexican to Italian and saved in (no other changes).

From a first look, the scenario is interesting but not well researched. The Italian Alpine troops were among the best units of WWII, so 25% Proficiency is too low. During the campaign they were the only unmovable Italian unit - the glue between the Eastern and the Western Theatre - and they paid an high price for this. Also, while the Italians weren't exactly the Roman Legions, some other units were above average too.

A blanket 25% Proficiency for the Italian Army is just wrong. I wonder what mistakes the scenario creator did for the Greek Army
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")
Messe28

Post by Messe28 »

Fully agree with you. Julia Division was well equipped and fairly good trained. My grand uncle served in Greece as a Lt. with Julia Div. and told me that they were actually tasked to fill the gaps of italian units who retreated in their sector. In other words, the proficiency of Julia compared to the other Infantry Divisions deployed in Albania/Greece was way higher.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”