Bug Report on Steam

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Lobster

Bug Report on Steam

Post by Lobster »

Can anyone verify this post regarding a possible bug on Steam discussions page?

OP: MCabido

Bug Report
It seems that the Defending Terrain Check value displayed on the counter is, in fact, displaying the Anti-Armor value altered somehow by terrain multipliers. One thing is for sure: it doesn't display the defense strenght at all, which is a shame, since that would be a very valuable parameter.
To check it, just look at how it displays exactly the Anti-Armor value when on open terrain.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
sPzAbt653

Re: Bug Report on Steam

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi Jack - I don't use that setting so I have no experience with it, but I quick checked it. A unit in the clear shows a Defending Terrain Value of 2, which does match the Anti-Armor Value, while the units' Defense Value is 8. I don't know what that means, but it does appear odd.
Attachments
jpeg177.jpg
jpeg177.jpg (93.8 KiB) Viewed 143 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

By comparison, here is a unit in a Fortified Hex.
Attachments
jpeg178.jpg
jpeg178.jpg (153.91 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Likely just a problem with what information is displayed. Just need to change a line of code to feed the correct information. Thanks for looking at that. Generaly I'm guilty of not looking at the minutiae of the game for problems.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”