Event & Guerrillas

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
mussey

Event & Guerrillas

Post by mussey »

When using the Events Editor to invoke guerrillas, can their effects be limited to a range of hexes?
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

Raindem

RE: Event & Guerrillas

Post by Raindem »

Not that I know of. But it would be nice if it could. I almost never use the guerrilla event because it is so random and uncontrollable.
Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

ORIGINAL: mussey

When using the Events Editor to invoke guerrillas, can their effects be limited to a range of hexes?

Might be better to use actual partisan units. Make them weak and give them formation objectives in the area you want them to operate in. They should have a reconstitution hex in that area and generous replacements so that they grow like weeds if a security unit whacks them. Supply could be a problem but they could have supply sources in their area of operation as well.

Cheers
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

cathar good point!

I need to add some partisans to my wie project. I think I'll create several formations (French, Yugo, Greek and Russians) and do what you suggested.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

Zovs, don't forget the Poles and Italians. Plenty of factions, plenty of partisans.

Cheers
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: cathar1244

ORIGINAL: mussey

Might be better to use actual partisan units. Make them weak and give them formation objectives in the area you want them to operate in. They should have a reconstitution hex in that area and generous replacements so that they grow like weeds if a security unit whacks them. Supply could be a problem but they could have supply sources in their area of operation as well.

Cheers

Guerrilla units do not need a supply source. They always draw normal supply unless a better source is available.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
mussey

Post by mussey »

Not that I know of. But it would be nice if it could. I almost never use the guerrilla event because it is so random and uncontrollable.

Yep, I gave it a shot, set it to 50. Yikes. I wanted to have them only in the newly occupied territories.
Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

Guerrilla units do not need a supply source. They always draw normal supply unless a better source is available.

Thanks Lobster.

Cheers

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”