TRP - Total Realism Project for War in Europe (1.6.6 Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Taxman66

Re: TRP - Total Realism Project for War in Europe (Beta 0.9.7 Download)

Post by Taxman66 »

I have another error/bug.
Though I suspect this may be a game engine issue.

The Maritime bomber has a naval spotting of 12 (10 + 2 for Long Range).
The CV has naval spotting of 7 (5 + 2 for Long Range).

The displayed spotting of the Maritime bomber is being superseded by the shorter range of the CV
naval vision.jpg
naval vision.jpg (168.11 KiB) Viewed 701 times
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I believe you are taking it way overboard.

Late June 1941.
Free France income = 24
USA income (after lending expenses) = 15 with USA mobilization at 71%
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:06 pm I have another error/bug.

The displayed spotting of the Maritime bomber is being superseded by the shorter range of the CV

naval vision.jpg
This is not a bug, it appears to be raining over the Maritime bomber which is why its visible range is being supressed.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm I believe you are taking it way overboard.

Late June 1941.
Free France income = 24
Apologies, perhaps I mis-read your post then.

FYI, Naval transport and invasions are cheaper.

Yes, if I had to guess its because Germany DOWed USSR correct? Also did you research any of the industrial techs as the USA, if yes what level are they at? Should be at-least a 2 by that time period for both industrial techs.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Lothos wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:48 pm
Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:06 pm I have another error/bug.

naval vision.jpg
This is not a bug, it appears to be raining over the Maritime bomber which is why its visible range is being supressed.
Mea culpa, missed that.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Lothos wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:51 pm
Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm I believe you are taking it way overboard.

Late June 1941.
Free France income = 24
Apologies, perhaps I mis-read your post then.

FYI, Naval transport and invasions are cheaper.

Yes, if I had to guess its because Germany DOWed USSR correct? Also did you research any of the industrial techs as the USA, if yes what level are they at? Should be at-least a 2 by that time period for both industrial techs.
US industry tech has been #1priority. It is at 2 and 60% of the way to 3. (Will be further back with tech adjustment in future patch, because can't double chit it).

Game has progressed generally normally. France fell early August, because AI was dumb and could have had it mid July.
Italy booted out of East Africa, and Libya has fallen due to AI not investing much there. Barbarous launched in May of 41.
Russian infantry upgraded at 2/2/2 is providing tough roadblocks but there isn't much Russia has to push back with.

When Persia convoy opens the US may not even have enough to run it. Particularly if it to isn't at a discount.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Asked this earlier, and I think it got overlooked:

ART upgrade for Tank units does not do anything, except when Advance Tank is at 0. Once Adv Tank upgrade is 1 or higher the ART upgrade doesn't provide any changes to the unit's stats.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:54 pm Asked this earlier, and I think it got overlooked:

ART upgrade for Tank units does not do anything, except when Advance Tank is at 0. Once Adv Tank upgrade is 1 or higher the ART upgrade doesn't provide any changes to the unit's stats.
I think the game does not deal with decimal points. Artillery gives it a .5 increase but it appears that the game engine does not work with that and is rounding down.

That sound right?

I guess I can increase it to a full 1
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Hi,
I noticed something strange concerning a DEC for France.
I decided NO on Banning the Communist Party.
(I did this to keep the USSR's mobilization at 22%.)
Instead...next turn, the USSR's mobilization dropped to 18%.
That is what's supposed to happen if France says YES to this DEC if I remember correctly.
Was curious what's happening here....
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

OldCrowBalthazor wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 pm Hi,
I noticed something strange concerning a DEC for France.
I decided NO on Banning the Communist Party.
(I did this to keep the USSR's mobilization at 22%.)
Instead...next turn, the USSR's mobilization dropped to 18%.
That is what's supposed to happen if France says YES to this DEC if I remember correctly.
Was curious what's happening here....
Looking at the event their is nothing to would increase NM for USSR if you say NO to that decision (ID 202)

USSR entry is very different than any other mods. It now fluctuates a bit based on what the Axis do. DOWs, countries surrendering etc... all now effect the USSR just like they effect USA. The more aggressive the Axis are the faster their entry will go up. Also things they allies do will also effect it such as DOWing someone etc... will push them in the opposite direction (same for the USA).
OldCrowBalthazor

Ah..well Unfortunate Son's Germany wardec'd and took Denmark circa October 39. Maybe that's it because of the notorious NAP with the USSR.
I'll check the USA's mobilization then next turn.
They wouldn't approve of Denmark getting invaded.

SC-ACW Beta Tester
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Russian Mech (not sure about any other's), can upgrade Anti-Tank to level 3 (possibly more?).
However, there is no effect for going beyond level 2.
Is it adding a full point for the first 2 levels and then a half point after?

Russian HQs and Anti-Tank upgrades are similar to Russian Mech.
If I play around with the increases between Anti-Tank and Inf Wep, I notice the defense values against Tanks sometimes go up a full point and sometimes go up a half point.
OldCrowBalthazor

Well, well...American mobilization Nov 8, 1939 went up to 26% because of Unfortunate Son's October surprise by taking Denmark early. Thanks Berlin 😁
In hind sight though...France should of banned not the Communist Party. Seems I miss read that DEC. It did't budge Stalin a bit but dropped France's NM. Sigh...

Looking into the Non-Aggression Pact negotiations I read that Stalin was interested in the Copenhagen straits and the island of Bornholm for pete's sakes.
Well, at least the Americans got rattled a little.

A testing we shall go. 😎
Last edited by OldCrowBalthazor on Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SC-ACW Beta Tester
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:17 pm Russian Mech (not sure about any other's), can upgrade Anti-Tank to level 3 (possibly more?).
However, there is no effect for going beyond level 2.
Is it adding a full point for the first 2 levels and then a half point after?

Russian HQs and Anti-Tank upgrades are similar to Russian Mech.
If I play around with the increases between Anti-Tank and Inf Wep, I notice the defense values against Tanks sometimes go up a full point and sometimes go up a half point.
You are correct, it should be 2 not 3 and the increases are .5
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

I saw Italian naval units (DD) with AA level 3, which embarrassed a CV.

Bug or intentional change?
If intentional, suggest you list somewhere the new limits.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:32 pm I saw Italian naval units (DD) with AA level 3, which embarrassed a CV.

Bug or intentional change?
If intentional, suggest you list somewhere the new limits.
Yes, new max limit for all ships with AA is 5
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

What's your reasoning for that?

Carriers absolutely dominated naval engagements in WW2. So much so that as strong as they are in SC, they are still far weaker and much, much more vulnerable to surface and sub engagements than they were in real life. Having a CV (at naval 2) lose more of its air wing than doing in damage vs. a DD with AA 3 seems rather silly.

If you want to really go 'Total Realism', CVs need to be much stronger. On the other hand there should probably be a Force Z event sending UK ships out of theatre.
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Bugs:
Need to modify the text of the US -> Russia shipments via Persia DE, as you did the Vlad.

Town & Port of Norfolk (as well as a few other southern cities) are stuck at value 5 and did not increase upon US entry into the war.
-Do not try and tell me/argue that Norfolk was not a major naval yard capable of fully repairing ships.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:17 pm Bugs:
Need to modify the text of the US -> Russia shipments via Persia DE, as you did the Vlad.

Town & Port of Norfolk (as well as a few other southern cities) are stuck at value 5 and did not increase upon US entry into the war.
-Do not try and tell me/argue that Norfolk was not a major naval yard capable of fully repairing ships.
Their is nothing I can do to increase them. That is bassed on weather a Primary or Secondary Supply (for your side) exists and if you cooperate with it.

Also I believe it is based on the Logistics tech as well. As far as I am aware their is no event that will make them go up.

Will look at the other items you reported.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

Taxman66 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:13 pm What's your reasoning for that?

Carriers absolutely dominated naval engagements in WW2. So much so that as strong as they are in SC, they are still far weaker and much, much more vulnerable to surface and sub engagements than they were in real life. Having a CV (at naval 2) lose more of its air wing than doing in damage vs. a DD with AA 3 seems rather silly.

If you want to really go 'Total Realism', CVs need to be much stronger. On the other hand there should probably be a Force Z event sending UK ships out of theatre.
My thinking was that AA tech is useless for anything above 2 so I am trying to make them more worth wild. Also USA Light Cruisers were renown for having super high AA. Perhaps lowering the AA on destroyers to a 3 (need to review if fractions) and letting the others get to a 5.

Making Carriers stronger is something most definitely on the table, especially for World with all the additional ships.

Does anyone know exactly how it calculates the damage from planes to ships etc.. what stat vs what stat and what is the math formula?

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”