Suggestion for "reinforce tool" & "upgrade tool"

Thoughts from the dev team on Strategic Command's features.
Splatsch

Suggestion for "reinforce tool" & "upgrade tool"

Post by Splatsch »

If it's not the good section for that, I'm sorry, I looked where it would be the most appropriate but haven't found a better place :P

So, I'll take only the Reinforce Tool to explain the idea.

Currently, when you click on the reinforce tool, it activates the option "Show reinforcable units". So we can see which units could be reinforced with a green value. But if you moved the unit, the value is green too (which is logical) but you can't reinforce it because it moved.
My idea would be that if you activate the reinforce tool, it activates the option "Show reinforcable units" like now (= units have values in green), but in a special way : units that you really can reinforce have their green value blinking.
This would help a lot to easily see which ones you can reinforce without having to hover every units with a green value on it.

To summarize :
- "Show reinforcable units" -> puts values in green in the reinforcable units (= nothing change)
- "Reinforce Tool" -> activates if not already activated "Show reinforcable units" and makes the green values blinking for the units who can effectively be reinforced with the tool.

And the idea would be the same for the Upgrading Tool.

This is only a suggestion I thought about while I'm discovering the game, it could ease some things :)
Hubert Cater

RE: Suggestion for "reinforce tool" & "upgrade tool"

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi Splatsch,

That's a really good suggestion actually, thanks for posting [:)]

Hubert
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

Since we're on the subject, I would like to see a limited reinforce tool that doesn't require use of all the action points.

Currently any reinforcement locks a unit into its occupied hex. Since SC turns can represent a week to 4 weeks it would seems logical that a unit could absorb some measure of reinforcements and still be able to move.

In this rule a reinforcement of say 2 would not expend any movement points(APs)and the unit could continue on in any activity deemed necessary. Anything more and perhaps some or all of the APs would be used.

Possible? Downside? A nightmare to code?
SeaMonkey
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Unit swap and you can still reinforce, upgrade or operate.
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

I don't know about upgrading and operating KZ. Likely getting used to new equipment or loading an army or corps size unit and moving them hundreds of miles woukd take the time of an SC turn.

I'm suggesting that as a unit recovers from combat the walking wounded and influx of replacements could be incorporated into the strength during that SC turn time period and still would be able to complete maneuvers and combat operations.
SeaMonkey
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Korut is saying that you can hex swap a unit (using shift key and move a unit unto an adjacent hex that contains another friendly unit) and still do those things (reinforce, upgrade or operate).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Return to “Developer Blog”