Cheating reduction suggestion

Thoughts from the dev team on Strategic Command's features.
nnason

Cheating reduction suggestion

Post by nnason »

if a player terminates a game before saving he can redo bad result or use new intel to change move. Games do crash but ....
So here is my suggestion. if a game is reloaded before a save that turn allow both players to see as though no fog of war out to three hexes from borders and units.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
BillRunacre

RE: Cheating reduction suggestion

Post by BillRunacre »

I see what you mean, though it could be frustrating if the PC crashed and therefore your opponent gets to see everything in your next?

I do know that the server keeps track of reloads and repeat offenders will be contacted by the admins.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
nnason

Post by nnason »

Another alternative would be when this happens once for the opponent to be notified. If happens again then I think my recommendation works since it shows both what is happening and if was a crash then both get infor and if was a cheat than the non-cheater gets to see cheaters units. Another possibility is to give the option to either or both players.
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

Cheating is a bad thing. But since the old days of SC2 the new game is a quantum jump to a nearly cheating free zone. I do not see an issue to change gameplay about this.
"You have to practice what you preach"(RONALD BELFORD SCOTT)

Return to “Developer Blog”