AI MPP Question

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Taxman66

AI MPP Question

Post by Taxman66 »

Playing a vanilla game on base (unadjusted) Veteran Settings (so +10% AI income).

May 29, 1941 Date, Pre-Barbarossa.
Russia has collected 520 MPP in income.
*Note Russia Mobilization bottomed out due to: 1) Accepting deal with Germany; and 2) Allies successful in Finland. Nothing untoward by Axis play (All low countries taken in 1940).

Russia has spent 1,820 MPP
165 MPP on units; 1,655 on Tech

Where is all that money coming from?
I'm well aware that the AI gets a ton of free units, but it was my understanding that they don't get free money or free Tech.
Did that change, or am I mistaken?

For the record the reports also indicate that UK has collected 6,775 MPP and spent 6,198 (3,473 on units and 2,725 on tech).
Russia Vetern.jpg
Russia Vetern.jpg (304.68 KiB) Viewed 149 times
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Hubert Cater

Re: AI MPP Question

Post by Hubert Cater »

The AI is scripted to ensure some research areas are invested in even if sufficient funds are not available. This is just to ensure that if it spent its MPPs elsewhere, that an optimal game would still unfold with the right research areas covered by the AI.

These RESEARCH events are listed with a tag in the header 'FORCED'.

If you prefer the AI does not do this, simply go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS->AI SCRIPTS in game and turn off the 'FORCED' items in the RESEARCH category.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Return to “Tech Support”