How to fire a scripted event

Moderators: Hubert Cater, BillRunacre

HvMoltke

How to fire a scripted event

Post by HvMoltke »

Hi
I play as Axis for several times and the scripted events don`t fire. Niether the Rippendrop nor Africa Corps, not Spain joining Axis or St. Nazair changeing to a U-Boat harbour. I`m curious how that changes the the gameplay.
In HOI it was possible to trigger an event. How is that with SC3?
HvMoltke
sPzAbt653

RE: How to fire a scripted event

Post by sPzAbt653 »

That is not how in SC3.

Are you playing the stock 1939 Campaign, or a mod ? Which version of SC3 are you using ?
Thanks.
HvMoltke

Post by HvMoltke »

Hi sPzAbt653
I`m playing the stock 1939Campaign and beta version UpdateBeta-v1.12.01. I tried before it with the latest regular update, but the same result. I get some advice notes but no scripted events.
Poland surrenders 3.10.39, France 15.9.40. When France surrenders I have not reached Toulon and St Nazair but anyway I get a total surrender, no Vichy. The Italiens hold Bardia in NA.
Is it necessary to have a GE unit in places like Toulon, St. Nazair or Algier all the time to fire the events? Why is event DE600 not firing all the time ,only once? No idea what`s wrong.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Thanks for the details. I suggest you get v1.12.02
See Post #9 here:
tm.asp?m=4457240&mpage=1�
HvMoltke

Post by HvMoltke »

Hi sPzAbt653

I went up to beta v1.12.02 and tried to use a save as trial to fire an event. That didn`t work as the save still was v1.12.01 and the following save the same. So I went back to the official update and began from starters. The result was immediatly a Molotov- Rippendrop event.
That means I can`t go on with my last game where I was in Jan 42`.Bad luck. But the events work now as intended
Thanx for Your help.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe Public Beta”