Russia Weather Zone changes question

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

OldCrowBalthazor

Russia Weather Zone changes question

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

Hi,
So there were things accidentally not included in the WaW change log but included later.
I was wondering if something similar to this is also included with WiE?

SC-WaW Change Log:
Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of mud from 21st September to 30th November from 60 to 75%, of frozen ground from 0 to 15%, and of rain from 40 to 55% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of rain in December from 30 to 40%, of snow from 25 to 45%, of mud to 45% and frozen ground to 55% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of snow from 21st December to 20th March from 45 to 80% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 39 (Eastern Europe): increased the chance of Frozen ground in December from 35 to 75%, anything else being Mud, and the chance of Snow increased from 25 to 65% (OldCrowBalthazor).

Thanks for this change in WaW btw but was curious if this or something similar is incorporated in WiE and WW1.
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
El_Condoro

Re: Russia Weather Zone changes question

Post by El_Condoro »

I recently had an Axis opponent have clear weather right up to December 1941. It made defending Moscow much, much harder. I failed to. So, I am wondering if this change has happened, too.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

OldCrowBalthazor wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:06 pm Hi,
So there were things accidentally not included in the WaW change log but included later.
I was wondering if something similar to this is also included with WiE?

SC-WaW Change Log:
Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of mud from 21st September to 30th November from 60 to 75%, of frozen ground from 0 to 15%, and of rain from 40 to 55% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of rain in December from 30 to 40%, of snow from 25 to 45%, of mud to 45% and frozen ground to 55% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 5 (Russia): increased the chance of snow from 21st December to 20th March from 45 to 80% (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Weather Zone 39 (Eastern Europe): increased the chance of Frozen ground in December from 35 to 75%, anything else being Mud, and the chance of Snow increased from 25 to 65% (OldCrowBalthazor).

Thanks for this change in WaW btw but was curious if this or something similar is incorporated in WiE and WW1.
I'm thinking this was only for WAW as you noted the weather systems are different and you were only seeing issues with the WAW Russian front.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

I don't recall anyone complaining about the weather in War in Europe, and as it doesn't have the same settings, it wasn't something I considered changing.

If there is a specific issue then of course, I'll be happy to consider doing something.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

BillRunacre wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:09 pm I don't recall anyone complaining about the weather in War in Europe, and as it doesn't have the same settings, it wasn't something I considered changing.

If there is a specific issue then of course, I'll be happy to consider doing something.
Oh no problem...I was just curious. It's been a long time with WiE for me, other than the TRP-Mod.
Last time I played it into the first winter after Barbarossa, it was pretty rough...with only one clear weather day in Dec. The rest of the winter was mud, rain, snow, frozen from Oct on to April if I remember correctly. 🙂
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”